Bike Miles Rode: 94.2 miles
Swim Meters Completed: 15150 meters of 9.41 miles
Rest Days Taken: 13. I was sick pretty much this entire month.
Highest Run Mileage Week: 11/5-11/11: 13 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 11/12-11/18: 35.6 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 11/12-11/18: 5000 meters or 3.1 miles
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 0
Current Book: Right now, I am reading Iron War by Matt Fitzgerald. Even if you're not into the whole Ironman thing, you should really check it out. It's captivating. Also, in all my time NOT training this month, I read a few other selections as well ...
- Be Iron Fit: Time Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness by Fink
- Global Weirdness: Severe Storms, Deadly Heat Waves, Relentless Drought, Rising Seas, and the Weather of the Future by Climate Central, Inc.
- A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's Journey by Wellington
- The Moneysmart Family System: Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age by Economides
- Screamfree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising Your Kids Without Losing Your Cool by Runkel
- The Taste of Tomorrow: Dispatches From the Future of Food by Schonwald
Current Colors: Charcoal Gray and Yellow
Current Drink: Anything I can put peppermint mocha coffee creamer in.
Current Song: A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
Current Triumph: I've made it four days without working out and I haven't even thought about strangling anyone.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day.
Current Blessing: Generally, I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful for that. I don't take anything for granted. Not even for a second.
Current Excitement: Sunday. Because on Sunday, I can get back to my training plan.
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. I'm crushing this one.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of December 3, 3930.47 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts). - FAIL. Better luck in 2013.
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past. - Rocked that. Finished 3rd Athena!
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - I've been killing this. But, apparently my scale doesn't care.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of December 3, 17 consumed. I need to just face the facts with this one.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK