Bike Miles Rode: 126.7 miles. My bike trainer and I are so totally BFFs ...
Swim Meters Completed: 16050 meters or 9.97 miles
Rest Days Taken: 4
Highest Run Mileage Week: 2/17-2/23: 28.25 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 2/24-2/28: 52.4 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 2/10-2/16: 4600 meters or 2.86 miles
Long Runs Completed (1 hr+ miles): 5
Current Book: Right now, I am reading Lemonade Mouth by Hughes. But, I finished a few other books in February. (Note: For those of you who have asked, if it's on this or any of my lists, I would recommend the book. If I don't like the story or the book doesn't grasp my attention, I don't bother finishing it, thus it wouldn't be listed here.)
- United We Spy by Carter
- Faking 19 by Noel
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Carter
- Only the Good Spy Young by Carter
- Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Carter
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Han
- It's Not Summer Without You by Han
- Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Carter
- Awaken by Cabot
- The Cuckoo's Calling by Galbraith
- The 5th Wave by Yancey
- Allegiance by Kluver
- Legacy by Kluver
- Fragments by Wells
Current Colors: Orange and Pink.
Current Drink: Hot tea with cream and stevia. All day, every day.
Current Song: Be Okay - Oh Honey
Current Triumph: I've totally purged my kids rooms of all the excess stuff. With no tears. It was awesome.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And crush 2014 goals ...
Current Blessing: Health, happiness and love. I've got all three.
Current Excitement: Rev3 Team Summit is just 9 days from now! I can't wait to see all my teammates. Oh, and last night, J and I booked a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (sans kids). It's kind of a big deal.
- Get back to running 30-40 miles per week. For most of 2012 and 2013, I focused on 70.3 training. The only way for me to improve my cycling and swimming was to spend less time running. Eventually, my strongest discipline became my weakest and honestly, I am kind of over it. This year I won't race longer than an Olympic distance triathlon. Hopefully, this will allow me to balance my training loads and life a little better than in the past. - Getting there. I peaked at 28.25 miles last month.
- Strength train two times per week. In the past, I have dropped strength training as my training volume went up. I'm not letting that happen in 2014. - Crushing it! Haven't missed a day.
- Run 1,400 miles. A huge jump from 2013, but far less than what I used to run. - As of March 1st, 171.09 miles logged.
- Bike 1,400 miles A huge drop from 2013, but if I am going to find time for those run miles something will have to give. - As of March 1st, 239.7 miles logged.
- Swim 140 miles. Pretty much where I finished up in 2013. This will probably be the most challenging mileage to hit. - As of March 1st, 30,850m or 19.17 miles logged.
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17. I never managed to register for a 10K in 2012 and I'm not sure where it will fit in this year, but it's on my radar. As it has been since 2009. - I'm registered! That's further than I've ever gotten on this goal.
- Run a negative split marathon. I'm not looking for a PR. Just a well executed race.
- Run a 5K with Dizzle and Doodle. I'm thinking a Rev3 Glow Run for this one.
- Only say yes to the projects I REALLY want to work on. An honest no is much better than a halfhearted yes.
- Stick to our budget. We were at about 90% with this last year, but I have a good feeling about 2014. - So far so good.
- Take a picture a day for a year. - 62 days in and going strong. You can see all my #project365 pictures on my Instagram account HERE
- Read 150 books. - As of March 3rd, 32 books read.
- Go the entire year without cutting my hair (unless I start to get a mullet, at which point a trim is required). - Haven't cut it yet!
- Relearn Spanish. Just letting that Rosetta Stone course sit on the shelf isn't helping anyone. - The course is still sitting on the shelf.
- Blog at least two times per week. 2013 left me uninspired and stressed when it came to blogging. I'm hoping a new perspective will change this. - Made this happen thus far!
- Have a date night with J, once a month. Considering that we only manage about two dates per year at this point, I'd be super impressed if we pulled this off half of the time. - Two month down and still on track!
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work.
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life.
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. No one should have to sacrifice so that someone else can reach their goal. If a balance can't be found, it's not worth pursuing.