Tuesday, April 22, 2014

We've always done it that way ...

Life can be overwhelming at times.

Every morning when I wake up, I run through everything I need to do, everything I should do and everything I want to do. Some days, I think, "I've got this!" and other days, I wish I could pull the comforter over my head and ignore the world around me.

But, I don't. I get up and tackle everything that awaits me.

Am I the busiest person in the world? No. Do I have a hard life? Not at all. Could someone else step in here and do exactly what I do each and every day? Absolutely.

I'm not anything special. And I hate to hand it to you, but neither are you. We all have our challenges, responsibilities and expectations. We have the things we want to do and need to do and even those things we feel like we have no choice in at all.

That's life.

You take what's thrown at you and make the best of it. Or maybe the worst of it, depending on your outlook. Ultimately, you dictate how and what gets done. You choose the path that works for you, whether you forge a new trail each day or click on auto-pilot from the get-go.

Last week, I decided to shut off auto-pilot. I chose to ignore my daily schedule which tends to be dictated by doing things because "we've always done it that way". I let the girls decide how they wanted to spend their spring break. We stayed in bed late, we spent hours upon hours outside, we ate ice cream for lunch.

It was fantastic.

And it got me thinking, why do I do things the way that I do? Why are some things set on auto-pilot? So, I decided to be honest with myself. I evaluated why I go about my life the way I do and do you know what I learned?

Well, I learned that I do a lot of things because "we've always done it that way" and it's just easier to keep it going. And then there are the things I do because I think they are expected of me. There are things in my life that fit me (and my family) at one point, but now the fit is off. And I'm going to change that. I've already started implementing some changes, while others will take a little longer to manifest themselves. But, I know for sure, one thing that's going to change is this blog.

For the past 6 years, I have chronicled our triumphs and tribulations. Our laughter and our tears. But, as the girls get older and our lives get more and more hectic, I find that I have less and less to say here. I no longer need this journal to keep me motivated, the girls don't want me to share as much about them and I find that our life on the go is better captured through pictures and snippets of information that I tend to broadcast elsewhere. With time, my presence here will diminish and eventually, I just won't write at all. And that's just fine, we've evolved as a family and to keep doing what we've always done wouldn't do our story justice.



Oh, and if you're so inclined to continue to follow our journey, we will be here occasionally (at least for the time being), but most of the action will be found on our Instagram and Twitter accounts.

17 comments:

One Crazy Penguin said...

I completely understand, but sad to hear you say this. I have very much enjoyed following along on your journey and wish you nothing but the best! I will keep following along on instagram and twitter :)

dawn @ running the dawn said...

much love and much support to you T! i love seeing all your pics on insta :)

Anonymous said...

I have similar thoughts lately. Especially with the arrival of our little girl I want to be more in the moment and not spend the time on my computer. But I will miss the support of the blogging community, so I'm hesitant. We'll see. Wish you all the best! Have fun!!

Run with Jess said...

I totally GET THIS and understand. Life, especially family life, is evolving and we gotta move with it.

Unknown said...

Dietary Tips: Optional – Do a “Carb Re-feed” Once Per Week.....smolov jr calculator

Rita Sari said...

I of the distributor of PT NASA offer you to order nasa products on AMYPEDIA.COM :
Crystal x
Collaskin
Moreskin
Obat Kuat Blu Men
Obat Kuat Herbastamin
Itulah Nama Produk Kesehatan Dari PT Natural Nusantara.
Jual obat aborsi
Obat aborsi

Jual obat aborsi surabaya
Jual obat aborsi bandunng

Unknown said...

Obat Aborsi

Jual Obat Aborsi

Cytotec

Obat Penggugur Kandungan

Obat Aborsi Cytotec Asli said...

Jual obat aborsi mojokerto
Jual obat aborsi Di Cirebon
Jual obat aborsi Di Cianjur

Jual obat aborsi blora
Jual obat aborsi magelang
Jual obat aborsi Di Jambi

Jual obat aborsi di Palangka
Jual obat aborsi di malang

Obat Aborsi Cytotec Asli said...

Jual obat aborsi Magelang
Jual obat aborsi Taiwan
Jual obat aborsi Di Hongkong
Jual obat aborsi Di Malaysia

Jual obat aborsi Denpasar bali
Jual obat aborsi Pekanbaru riau
Jual obat aborsi Di Jepara

Jual obat aborsi di Makassar
Jual obat aborsi di Mojokerto

klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

CARA MENGGUGURKAN KANDUNGAN
OBAT ABORSI DI BANDUNG
OBAT ABORSI DI BOGOR
OBAT ABORSI DI SEMARANG
OBAT ABORSI DI JAKARTA

klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

OBAT ABORSI DI NGAWI
OBAT ABORSI DI NGANJUK
OBAT ABORSI DI MOJOKERTO
OBAT ABORSI DI PADANG
OBAT ABORSI DI SURABAYA


klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

OBAT ABORSI DI MAGETAN
OBAT ABORSI DI MADIUN
OBAT ABORSI DI LUMAJANG
OBAT ABORSI DI JOMBANG
OBAT ABORSI DI JEMBER


klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

OBAT ABORSI DI PEKALONGAN
OBAT ABORSI DI MAGELANG
OBAT ABORSI DI WONOSOBO
OBAT ABORSI DI WONOGIRI
OBAT ABORSI DI TEMANGGUNG

klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

OBAT ABORSI DI SLAWI
OBAT ABORSI DI SUKOHARJO
OBAT ABORSI DI SRAGEN
OBAT ABORSI DI REMBANG
OBAT ABORSI DI PURBALINGGA
OBAT ABORSI DI PEMALANG
OBAT ABORSI DI KAJEN



klinik aborsi said...

jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis


JUAL OBAT ABORSI DI SEMARANG
KLINIK ABORSI
OBAT ABORSI DI KUDUS
OBAT ABORSI DI PATI
OBAT ABORSI DI JEPARA
OBAT ABORSI DI BLITAR


alelukaa said...

Bitsum Process Lasso Pro Compact software statistics and troubleshoot computer systems, such as crashes by way of control CPU
https://taiwebs.blogspot.com/2019/12/aimersoft-video-converter-ultimate.html
CherryPlayer
WinBin2Iso
Photo Supreme
Auslogics Windows Slimmer Pro
FonePaw Data Recovery

Joyce said...

My name is Joyce I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in Health,love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells, if you are having health isues such as PCOS i belive his good in everything and that it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker his website holyaraminta.com And His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy man, is ready to help!