Friday, January 22, 2010

heaven in washington?

Tonight at dinner, Dizzle told me that she wishes that dinosaurs lived with us. I told her that it wasn't possible for that to happen because dinosaurs are extinct. Simple enough, right? Well, she didn't know what extinct meant, which opened up a whole other can of worms.

Dizzle: "What does extinct mean?"

Me: "Well, extinct means that there are no more left of something and that there can never be anymore. Scientists believe that a meteor hit the earth a very long time ago. This caused a climate change that the dinosaurs couldn't adapt to. It was either too hot or too cold for them and they all died."

Dizzle: "OK, but where did they all go?"

Me: "Um, I don't know. Maybe heaven."

Dizzle: "Or Washington."

Me: "Why Washington?"

Dizzle: "Because that's where everyone goes when they die."

And I was left speechless. And laughing. But mostly speechless ...

8 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Yes I do live in HEAVEN thank you very much.. LOL!!

You CAN visit and remain alive and I do not take ownership for the extinction of the Dinos..

Libby said...

Haha...too cute!

Anne said...

Kids do say the darnedest things :) Very adorable...

Kerrie T. said...

Too cute. Just read this to the hubby. He said, "Funny. I thought it was Florida." Nice.

momof3 said...

Too funny! Well, there are Dino's at the Smithsonian in Washington DC, so.... I hate to say it but you'll only prove her right if you go for a visit.

By the way, WHO is your photographer?

Allie said...

Ha ha ha, kids are so funny. That's adorable.

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Is that Washington, DC or Washington the state because I was just in DC and I am pretty sure there were no dinosaurs and it was NOT heaven!

Joel said...

I have gained a lot while reading your blog. I will definitely share this information with my friends.
Thanks for sharing. Suspended license