I stalk the mailbox all December long waiting for them to arrive. I ALWAYS send Christmas cards. And not just any Christmas cards. Christmas Photo Cards from Shutterfly.
You might even say that I am obsessed. OK, I am obsessed. It's just that I can ALWAYS find the perfect design on the Shutterfly website, in fact I often have a hard time selecting just one. With styles ranging from "simple and classic" to "bold and modern", I'm never disappointed. Plus, photo cards are super cute and I love to see how the girls changed through the years.
But for me, the process of creating the perfect holiday card starts long before December, in fact my 2011 cards have already been shipped to me.
Here's how the magic happens.
1. I take a zillion and one photos throughout the year, in search of the "perfect shot."
2. I start to narrow down my selection of holiday card designs in late September/early October.
3. I choose a design, a photo and have 100+ cards printed. (I use all the photos that don't make it onto the card in photo books that I give as gifts.)
4. I address and stamp all the cards by hand and have them in the mail the day after Thanksgiving. (My Christmas card is sure to be the first you'll receive.)
5. I sit around and wait for cards in return.
Want to see what I've come up with in the past? Of course, you do.
And this year's is even better (Close your eyes if you expect to get one of these from me) ...
Probably makes you want to go create your own holiday card right now. And you should, because thanks to Shutterfly, three (3) of my readers will win 25 FREE Holiday Cards from the 2011 Shutterfly collection.
Entering is simple, just leave me a comment telling me your favorite holiday tradition. Want a bonus entry? Let me know how fabulous (beautiful, talented) you think my family is.
Entries will be accepted until Sunday, October 30th. Winners will be randomly selected and announced on Monday, October 31st.
Note: I was provided these photo cards for free, but the opinions are all my own and I would have purchased them anyway.