Picture this -- a cool breeze at your back, the scent of blossoming flowers, “purple mountain’s majesty” in front of you…and the SEARING pain in your quads with each and every stride down this freaking mountain!
Don’t come to Roanoke, Virginia to enjoy a relaxing weekend; come to see just how much the National College Blue Ridge Marathon can kick your butt.Deemed the WORLD'S TOUGHEST ROAD RACE, the marathon course boasts a 7,200+ foot total elevation change (the half course comes in at 2,500 ft of elevation change). That's just insane! But, it's the kind of insane that us runners like to brag about. Here's the race director's take on the race.
- What: Full & Half Marathon, 5-Person Team Relay, Walking Half, YMCA Kids Marathon
- Where: Roanoke, VA and Blue Ridge Parkway
- Date: April 21, 2012
- Start Time: 7:30 am
- Total Elevation Change: ~7,234 ft. (full), ~2,500 ft. (half)
- Most Difficult Section: Roanoke Mountain on Blue Ridge Parkway
- Beneficiary: Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Magnificent Views: Plenty
I'll be there running the HALF. Another marathon is so not on my radar right now. And you can be too. If you register for the Blue Ridge Marathon before December 15th, you can use the code "tough" for 15% off the registration fee.
Or, if your lucky, you could win a FREE entry right now.
Here's how to enter (separate comments, please):
1. Leave a comment to let me know why you want to run this race.
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave a comment.
3. Follow Blue Ridge Marathon (@BRM26pt2) on Twitter HERE. Leave a comment.
4. Like Blue Ridge Marathon on Facebook HERE. Leave a comment
5. Repost this giveaway on your blog, Twitter (include @tmbrunnerfirst and @BRM26pt2 in your tweet) or Facebook. Leave a comment.
Entries will be accepted until Sunday, December 4th. Winner will be selected at random and announced on Monday, December 5th.
Disclaimer: Blue Ridge Marathon is providing entry to their race for both me and the winner of the giveaway. There was no other compensation for this post.