Bike Miles Rode: 303.5 miles
Swim Meters Completed: 13931 meters or 8.65 miles
Rest Days Taken: 7
Highest Run Mileage Week: 4/9-4/15: 30.58 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 4/23-4/29: 90.4 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 4/23-4/29: 4700 meters
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 3
Current Book: I just cracked the spine on Train Like A Mother. Now if I could only get a moment to read it ...
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Two words - Vampire Diaries. My little sister has the first two seasons on DVD and I have a new way to pass the time while I'm on the bike trainer.
Current Colors: Blue and Orange. Like my hair and shirt combo ...
|Note that my shirt says, "Sissies Play Contact Sports." So awesome.|
Current Drink: I'm on a rotation of water, Nuun and Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Current Song: So Good - B.O.B.
Current Triumph: I crushed 50 miles on the bike yesterday and I found my Run Love this morning, when my scheduled four miler turned into seven. Basically, my training is epic right now.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day.
Current Blessing: Generally, I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful for that. But, having my little sister move in with us is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. You never fully understand how much easier things can be with an extra set of hands (or a live-in babysitter) until you have it.
Current Excitement: Having made the Nuun Hood to Coast team is pretty much at the top of my list right now. Well, that and Dizzle's 7th birthday, the end of the school year and our impeding trips to Indianapolis and Disney. It's going to be a good few months ...
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. One month post 70.3 and right on track.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of May 2, 1752.39 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts).
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past.
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK. 7 strength sessions last month.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - I've been killing this. But, apparently my scale doesn't care.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of May 2, 10 desserts consumed.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK