Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three Things Thursday ...

Trial and Error - (Note: I'm about to be cryptic) For about 11 months or so, I have been a little "off" health wise. To the general public, I probably seem fine, but those who know me have watched me grow more and more frustrated. I've had a billion and one tests run. And although I have learned a lot about myself and my health in the process, I have been left with no answers. Not sure where to turn next, I've decided to turn to some non-conventional methods for curing my ailments. It's been a few days and although I am not ready to say I'm getting better, I have noticed some differences and am feeling optimistic.

Disco Ball - This just showed up at my house. I seriously cannot wait to wear it. (Look, for me in lane two at the Y tomorrow. Like you'd be able to miss me.)


It's epic and the picture does not accurately depict the shimmer of this suit. I know you're jealous.

Outdoor Running - I haven't done a lot of outdoor training in the past year. Between J's travel, a schedule that didn't seem to mesh with my run group, my aforementioned health woes, and some freakishly hot temperatures, I have opted to be buddy-buddy with my treadmill. It's fine. It's not about how you get it done, it's just about getting it done.

But, thanks to the return of the school year (my first kid free time in 7.5 years!) and some fall-like temperatures, my little sister, G, and I rocked it out yesterday morning.

post-run glow ...
And I even convinced her that talking while running is possible and enjoyable. Oh, and despite her fears, she's going to crush her first half marathon next month.

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Oooh I love that suit!

Hoping your health issues are on the way out. That's a long time to be dealing with stuff!

robinbb said...

I am so ready to order one of those suits. Your picture was just another reminder to head on over to make my order.

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo for all the kids in school! It's life changing, I tell you, life.changing.

Hope the health keeps on improving. As a crunchy granola chic, I've done a lot of unconvential things. It's amazing how well some work.

Running Ricig said...

That suit is awesome!!

These fall temps are amazing. I'm so excited to get out and run and not feel like death!

Courtney said...

Health issues are so frustrating! It took me forever to finally get an answer about my Thyroid Condition!

Anonymous said...

So jealous...love that suit! Good for you and the sis getting out there and getting it done! Blessings

Canuck Mom said...

I wish I was a good swimmer and could wear something that COOL!! I love it!! I am sorry about your health issues. You are still one of my mentors, whether you realize it or not;), although since you took this turn to tri's I still am not willing to break out the swimsuit yet. LOL!! I would be the person doing the tri's with the noodle. LOL!! I am sending tons of positive health vibes your way. Hope it all works out.

Unknown said...

Yeah G! Can't wait for New Jersey to meet her and get awesome pics with you. Can't. Wait.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Dang, girl. Eleven months is a long time to still be answer-less. I hope this new unconventional approach works for you!

fancy nancy said...

I'm loving that suit!!! I'm sorry to hear that things are still going unanswered for you! I hope you find answers very soon!!

Lora said...

I hope you are able to figure out your health issues... I am also struggling with some issues that I've had for about a year now and thought it was gluten sensitivity but now it appears to be something else.