Bike Miles Rode: 113 miles. My bike trainer and I are so totally BFFs ...
Swim Meters Completed: 14,800m or 9.2 miles
Rest Days Taken: 6
Highest Run Mileage Week: 1/13-1/19: 20.33 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 1/20-1/26: 28 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 1/20-1/26: 4800m or 2.73 miles
Long Runs Completed (1 hr+ miles): 2
Current Book: Right now, I am reading Fragments by Wells. But, I finished a few other books in January. (Note: For those of you who have asked, if it's on this or any of my lists, I would recommend the book. If I don't like the story or the book doesn't grasp my attention, I don't bother finishing it, thus it wouldn't be listed here.)
- Champion by Lu
- The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Keplinger
- Vitro by Khoury
- Unbreakable by Garcia
- Faefever by Moning
- Wonder by Palacio
- The Offering by Derting
- The Essence by Derting
- True by Duff
- Mind Games by White
- Kiss and Blog by Noel
- Paper Towns by Green
- A Radiant Sky by Davies
- Bloodfever by Moning
- Darkfever by Moning
Current Colors: Orange and Navy.
Current Drink: Hot tea with cream and stevia. All day, every day.
Current Song: Pompeii - Bastille
Current Triumph: I ran 10 miles yesterday. My first double digit run since Rev3 Cedar Point HalfRev. Oh, and I totally let my kids split the last piece of Dilly's birthday cake rather than eat it myself. Trust me people, that's huge.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And crush 2014 goals ...
Current Blessing: Health, happiness and love. I've got all three.
Current Excitement: My birthday is 4 days away! Best day of the year!
- Get back to running 30-40 miles per week. For most of 2012 and 2013, I focused on 70.3 training. The only way for me to improve my cycling and swimming was to spend less time running. Eventually, my strongest discipline became my weakest and honestly, I am kind of over it. This year I won't race longer than an Olympic distance triathlon. Hopefully, this will allow me to balance my training loads and life a little better than in the past. - Getting there. I logged 24 miles last week.
- Strength train two times per week. In the past, I have dropped strength training as my training volume went up. I'm not letting that happen in 2014. - Crushing it! Haven't missed a day.
- Run 1,400 miles. A huge jump from 2013, but far less than what I used to run. - As of February 3rd, 83.66 miles logged.
- Bike 1,400 miles A huge drop from 2013, but if I am going to find time for those run miles something will have to give. - As of February 3rd, 113 miles logged.
- Swim 140 miles. Pretty much where I finished up in 2013. This will probably be the most challenging mileage to hit. - As of February 3rd, 16,600m or 10.3 miles logged.
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17. I never managed to register for a 10K in 2012 and I'm not sure where it will fit in this year, but it's on my radar. As it has been since 2009. - I'm registered! That's further than I've ever gotten on this goal.
- Run a negative split marathon. I'm not looking for a PR. Just a well executed race.
- Run a 5K with Dizzle and Doodle. I'm thinking a Rev3 Glow Run for this one.
- Only say yes to the projects I REALLY want to work on. An honest no is much better than a halfhearted yes.
- Stick to our budget. We were at about 90% with this last year, but I have a good feeling about 2014. - So far so good.
- Take a picture a day for a year. - 33 days in and going strong. You can see all my #project365 pictures on my Instagram account HERE
- Read 150 books.
- Go the entire year without cutting my hair (unless I start to get a mullet, at which point a trim is required). - Haven't cut it yet!
- Relearn Spanish. Just letting that Rosetta Stone course sit on the shelf isn't helping anyone. - The course is still sitting on the shelf.
- Blog at least two times per week. 2013 left me uninspired and stressed when it came to blogging. I'm hoping a new perspective will change this. - Made this happen thus far!
- Have a date night with J, once a month. Considering that we only manage about two dates per year at this point, I'd be super impressed if we pulled this off half of the time. - Got our date in for January. Fingers crossed on February!
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work.
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life.
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. No one should have to sacrifice so that someone else can reach their goal. If a balance can't be found, it's not worth pursuing.