Monday, July 14, 2008

she charges for her services ...

I have been super tired as of late, and yesterday was no exception. After waking up at 5:30 to run 11 miles, I knew that come afternoon I would be out cold. I managed to make it until 12:30 before my eyelids felt like they were being magnetically pulled together. But a nap wasn't going to happen, especially with lunch time on the horizon. So instead, I sat like a blob on our playroom couch, letting others do everything for me. This included Dizzle.

I asked her to get me something (it was either the phone or the remote, but I was kind of out of it, so I'm not really sure). Either way, she gave it to me and then put out her hand and said, "Two dollars, please!"

What? A three-year old who charges for her services? And two dollars? Isn't that kind of pricey for a task that required her to walk across a 12 foot room? (Hey, but at least Dizzle already knows not to undervalue herself.) Anyway, I passed her off to her father, who is the resident cash carrier in our house. He, too, laughed at her request and sent her back to me.

I see this as a clear sign of things to come. Years of my kids asking me for money (and other things I don't want to grant them) and then me telling them, "Go ask your father!"

No comments: