Tuesday, December 30, 2008

and we've survived ... for now

After nearly two weeks of house guests and three Christmas mornings, we finally have our home back to ourselves. And it feels good.

Now don't get me wrong, I love our families and I really love how much the girls love having them all around. But I am never truly at ease when people are staying with us. I always feel like I need to be doing something. Entertaining, cooking, cleaning. It's always something. So, to not have that feeling hanging over my head is fantastic.

But, and this is a big but, this feeling is not going to last. In fact, I already feel it slipping away. Why, you ask? Because I realized this morning that Dilly is guaranteed to be here in less than a month (she's being evicted on the 29th if she doesn't try to arrive earlier) AND we are closing on our new house in 45 days. So, basically I have a zillion and one things to take care of (preferably before Dilly arrives) and I already feel like I have no time to do any of it.

OK, someone slap me. I know I am overreacting. It's all about taking baby steps, right? If I do a little each day (and purge half of our stuff) I will be done in no time. Easy peasy.

Am I totally kidding myself?

No comments: