Monday, November 10, 2008

a quiet week ...

It's been a quiet week around the house. No major catastrophes. No hyped-up drama. Not even a funny comment or two. But quiet doesn't necessarily mean uneventful. In fact, the past few days have been quite interesting around here.

Oh, where to start? After I recovered from my "bad mommy" moment, I decided to let the stress go out the window. Really, I had no reason to be so worked up and after a few venting sessions with my sisters and friends, I had my equilibrium back. Which has made everyone is our home much happier.

On Thursday, J and I pretty much decided that Virginia is the place we want to be (at least for the next few years). And although we never intended to be here more than a year or two, we've grown comfortable. We have a place here and honestly, the prospect of leaving (at least for me) is a lot scarier than it's ever been before. I don't want to uproot our family. It's like they say, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

But staying here (in Virginia) and staying here (in this house), aren't the same thing. We don't want to do the latter. So, if everything goes as planned, our house will be on the market by the end of the week. Know anyone who wants a great starter home?

A big reason for our impeding move is the addition of baby number three, who thanks to a 3D ultrasound on Saturday has fully declared herself as our third girl (Natalie Marcelle, in case you were wondering). A scary, scary prospect for the future. Poor J is really going to have to prepare himself for what's in store.

Speaking of the ultrasound, not only did it solidly confirm our third XX baby, it also provided the cutest moment of our week. During our session, Doodle sat glued to the screen and with finger pointing, she repeatedly yelled out, "Baby, baby!" It was rather heartwarming. Plus, apparently, she gets it. Maybe not the whole "a new baby is coming to live with us FOREVER" thing, but at least the whole "Mommy has a baby in her belly" thing. I see it as progress. And it probably explains the extra-clinginess she has been displaying ever since.

Anyway, not much else to report. Like I said, it's been a quiet week ...

No comments: