Who else is totally excited that it is finally Friday? It's been a long week around here. Not helped by the fact that I am smack in the middle of some single parenting, which means that tonight's eight miler (with four miles at my 10 Mile goal pace) will once again be on the treadmill. God, how I love that thing. I swear, when my treadmill dies on me, I will cry. And then I will immediately be dropping two grand to replace it. But really, that's not where I was going with this post. So, here we go with some complete randomness (I guess that's where I am at this morning ...)
1. The Cherry Blossom 10 Miler is in nine days. I'm super excited. I've never raced a 10 miler before, so obviously, it's an instant PR. And I am doing everything in my power to make that PR as close to 1:25 as possible. That race is also the first of two races I get to run with the lovely Katye (Long Legs on the Loose). I will be trekking up to Baltimore in May to run the MAC Half Marathon with her, where we are both going to knock out sub-two hour halfs.
2. I am super speedy. But you knew that, didn't you? Of course, you did. Anyway, I used my super speedy legs to win the 5K division of Tall Mom's Virtual Race for the Cure (24:09). I take great pride in this for two reasons. First, I am just a proud person. I don't mind bragging. So, that's what I am going to do. And second, I am probably NEVER going to win another race, so I need to enjoy it while I can.
3. Yesterday, I asked my girls which Disney princess they would like to be. Dizzle responded like this, "I don't want to be any of the Disney princesses, because they all have evil mothers." Funny, right? So, I guess she is saying that I am the lesser of two evils? I'll take it.
4. I got an email yesterday from an adult running camp in Vermont called, We Run 2 Win, where one of my fellow Penn Track Alums is working. It really got my attention and if I had the extra cash or time to attend I would. But instead, I am passing the information along to all of you. Here's a little rundown about the camp:
"Our camp is unique because it is for adult runners of all levels. It is for those who love to run and are as serious about their running as they are every other aspect of their lives! We know that too many runners train without coaching and risk disappointment at best and injury at worst. As a camper at our camp you will receive FOUR MONTHS of elite coaching and one week of amazing camp experience. Our campers fill out a training questionnaire before camp that our staff will read. They will then make a personalized training schedule for them for the two months before camp. After camp there will be an evaluation and the staff will once again make a two month personalized training schedule. We guarantee that after these four months you will report a PR in the race of your choice."
Sounds pretty cool, right? Plus, the camp is a non profit with a large portion of the proceeds funding their college scholarship fund. Those scholarships will then be awarded to high school senior xc/track runners who plan on running in college. So, if you are interested in learning more, click HERE.
5. Don't forget to enter my Moving Comfort Bra Giveaway. Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, April 6th. And the winner will be selected at random and announced the following day.