Lots of random thoughts going on in my head today, so we are taking a slight departure from Three Things Thursday. Instead, I present to you, Three Things Squared Thursday ...
1. We are headed home from New Jersey today. The drive here last week was rather interesting. I'm sure today's drive will be just as exciting or horrifying, depending on how you look at it.
2. Shortly after we arrive home, I will be graced with a visit from my best bloggy buddy, Katye. She is coming in for the weekend and G and I are going to show her how moms of three rock it out. And if that doesn't go to plan, we will probably serve as really good birth control.
3. We have a ton of plans for this weekend. On Friday, we are waking up before the sun to run G's Half and Half Virtual Race. Just wait until you see our outfits. I promise they are super.
After we finish the half marathon, we are going to head to Busch Gardens for the day. Katye is in for a big surprise with this one. Busch Gardens with a bunch of children is not exactly Busch Gardens with a bunch of friends. Again, this could turn out to be a great form of birth control.
At this point, Saturday is one big possibility and on Sunday, we are going to round out the weekend with a MTT training run with G. Lots of good times.
4. So, you know how I always wear those awesome socks? And how I LOVE the attention they get? Well, on my run on Monday, I had my first real creep-out moment because of them. I was halfway through my run when a white pick-up truck pulled up beside me. Then the creepy old dude in the front seat said to me ... "My kingdom for your socks."
I was totally caught off guard and kind of convinced he was going to kill me, cut off my legs and hang them in his living room. Anyway, I looked at him and said, "Um, yeah. They are kind of hot." He laughed and drove off. Afterwards, I figured he was probably complementing me. But at the time it was just weird ...
5. I have run over 825 miles this year. And it's July 15th. It took me until the week of November 2nd to reach that mileage last year. So, basically I rock and that elusive 1000 mile mark, I'm kicking it's a**!
6. Speaking of crazy mileage, I am plotting a single day crazy mileage run some time in the next year. There are a lot of logistics involved (finding the right location, travel, training, convincing J that I am not insane), but it's going to happen. And I may have someone else in on my plan ...
7. There are only 16 days until the Rock N Roll Chicago Half. Katye and I are arriving on Saturday morning and will be greeted by Courtney. She is going to pick us up from the airport, take us to our hotel and the race expo and then out to lunch. I'm super excited. So, if you happen to be running this race and want to meet to go to the expo, let one of us know.
8. I think 8 might be my new favorite number. I hit 800 miles this month. I am in corral 8 for the Rock N Roll Half. And my bib number is 8818. How cool is that?
9. Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, you have less than 48 hours to enter my Zensah Compression Socks giveaway HERE. So, go. Do it. Now.