Bike Miles Rode: 398.5 miles
Swim Meters Completed: 13695 meters or 8.5 miles
Rest Days Taken: 10
Highest Run Mileage Week: 2/20-2/26: 31.46 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 2/1-2/5: 135 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 2/13-2/19: 4450 meters
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 2
Current Book: I've been flipping between Triathlon Swimming Made Easy and The Triathlete's Training Bible. I'm not even close to finishing either.
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Apparently, my eating habits. Didn't quite realize how out of hand they had gotten.
Current Colors: orange and pink
Current Drink: I'm on a rotation of water, Nuun and Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Current Song: Give Your Heart a Break - Demi Lovato
Current Triumph: After nearly five years of running, I finally started bringing my family over to the dark side. It looks like both my little sister, Beans, and J are going to run the WDW Half Marathon with me in January. Plus, my mom called me last night and she wants to run the 5K that same weekend. I'm pretty sure it's going to be epic.
Current Goal: 70.3 domination. That is all.
Current Blessing: I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful.
Current Excitement: There are only 27 days until my 70.3 debut. Not sure if I am more excited or nervous ...
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of March 5, 828.57 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts).
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - FAIL. Seriously need to work on this
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of March 5, 6 desserts consumed.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - Half Fail
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK