Monday, June 3, 2013

May Rewind ...

Miles Run: 44.95. The run and I aren't on best terms right now. It drains me horribly.
Bike Miles Rode: 195.2. All on the trainer ...
Swim Meters Completed: 25500 meters or 15.84 miles. This is the only thing that doesn't totally kick my butt right now.
 
Rest Days Taken: 13.
 
Highest Run Mileage Week: 5/1-5/5: 19.25 miles
 
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 5/6-5/12: 56.2 miles 
 
Highest Swim Volume Week: 5/20-5/26: 9000 meters or 5.58 miles
 
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 0. Like I said, I'm not feeling the run.
 
Current Book: Right now, I am reading Everlost by Shusterman. But I also finished a few other books in May. (Note: For those of you who have asked, if it's on this or any of my lists, I would recommend the book. If I don't like the story or the book doesn't grasp my attention, I don't bother finishing it, thus it wouldn't be listed here.) 
  • The Hormone Diet by Turner
  • Master Your Metabolism by Michaels
  • Partials by Wells
  • Torment by Kate
  • Period 8 by Crutcher
  • The Perfect Diet by Aziz
  • Num8ers by Ward
  • Num8ers: The Cha0s by Ward
  • Nobody by Barnes
  • Feedback by Wells
  • Australia by Pike
  • Fracture by Miranda
  • Hysteria by Miranda
  • Through to You by Hainsworth
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Sleep. I could do it 24/7.
 
Current Colors: Neon Orange. Is there anything better?
   
Current Drink: Hot tea with a touch of sugar. I'm cold all the time.
 
Current Song: Still Into You - Paramore
 
Current Triumph: We survived our final weekend of scheduling craziness. ZOOMA Annapolis was awesome for Tough Chik and my girls rocked it out and their dance recital.
 
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And tackle my 2013 To Do List head on.
 
Current Blessing: Health, happiness and love. I've got all three.
 
Current Excitement: I am racing (or finishing, not really sure right now) Rev3 Williamsburg Olympic. It's my first Olympic distance race and I get to hang with all my Team Rev3 peeps. I'm super pumped.
 
2013 To Do List:
 
Fitness:
  • 140.6. That is all. - Yeah, not going to happen this year.
  • Make time for strength training. Don't let training loads eliminate strength workouts completely. And stick to strength training in a group, it keeps you accountable. - I've been too beat to do my regular workouts. Strength training is taking a backseat right now.
  • Switch to time-based/HR training. Despite my knowledge of training paces, I have a hard time sticking to them. I'm hoping this will help me train more effectively. - I love it and I hate it. 
  • Log 4,500 cumulative run, bike and swim miles. Up 485 from 2012. - As of June 3rd, 1348.61 miles logged.
  • Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your very dated current PR of 53:17. I never managed to register for a 10K in 2012 and I'm not sure where it will fit in this year, but it's on my radar. - No progress on this one.
  • Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06. I totally blew this one in 2012 and will likely only have one good shot at it in 2013.- Fail. Epic fail.
  • Run a 5K with Dizzle and Doodle, even if that means tricking them into it. - The kids have been running quite a bit recently. Probably going to aim for the fall.
Nutrition:
 
  • Eat like a gluten-free athlete. After struggling with health issues much of 2012, removing the gluten has been key in alleviating the symptoms. Don't be swayed by the lure of wheat. Or cake.- On point, like usual.
  • Find the race day (and training) nutrition plan that works for me.- Eventually ...
  • Consume no more than 18 desserts from Shyndigz. This number worked well in 2012 and helped me cut back on my serious cake addiction. Plus, their gluten-free menu is limited, so I shouldn't be tempted as often. - As of June 3rd, 11 desserts consumed. Since all the birthdays have been celebrated in my house, this should slow a bit.
  • Drink at least 100oz of water per day.- Oh, heck yeah!
Personal:
 
  • Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. An honest no is much better than a halfhearted yes. - Check.
  • Stick to our budget. We've lived credit card (and credit card debt) free for five months. No reason to go back now. - Double Check.
  • Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - Yes and no. Lots of pondering this one recently ...
  • Figure out what to do with my hair. Keep the mohawk or grow it out. I'm taking opinions on this one.- I caved and cut my hair. I have no willpower when it comes to growing it out.
  • Continue to balance family life, training and now, work.- Check.
  • Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - Like quadruple check!
  • Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. No one should have to sacrifice so that someone else can reach their goal. If a balance can't be found, it's not worth pursuing.- I would never waiver on this one!

3 comments:

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

This is the sound of triathletes everywhere weeping for the knocked off full distance!

Sorry to hear it, but hopefully you'll be back to it faster than you think.

Here's to a killer June!

Unknown said...

How's the gluten-free diet coming along? I don't know much about this diet but would like to try it.

Meredith said...

You read all those books in one month??