Wednesday, August 11, 2010

stomach pains ...

As a runner, I am used to stomach pains. I get them more often than I would like. Sometimes, I can run through them. Sometimes, I can't and I would rather stop running than risk "ruining the skirt."

I'm not always sure what causes these pains. Maybe I ate too much. Or too little. It might be nerves. Or dehydration. Or caused by a bunch of other things that I can't really explain.

What I never considered was that my stomach pains might be caused by the people around me. More specifically, the people singing around me. I didn't even realize that other people's singing could have that kind of effect. But, apparently, it can. Because last night, Doodle said to me ...

"Mom. Stop singing. It makes my stomach hurt."

Really, Doodle? I know I don't have the greatest voice. And maybe if you heard me for long enough you might get a headache. But stomach pains? How is that even possible?

21 comments:

Silly Girl Running said...

LOL! Hilarious, again! :)

And those stomach pains; just recently I noticed most of them were caused by wrong breathing technique during running. I'll have to focus on that!

Unknown said...

hahahahahha, classic. If only it were "turn off the ipod" and no more stomach issues. My kids tend to just stare at me and say "mom. no." I keep singing though :)

Heather said...

That made smile! that's so funny that she said that!!

Katie A. said...

I think you have the beginning of a best seller book! I hope you're not just blogging about this hilarity but actually writing it down! It's gold!

kat said...

You always got such funny stories about your children, they always put a smile on my face, thanks for sharing.

Emz said...

Your home sounds like an awesome place to be. I love it.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Your little ones are too funny!

Julie D. said...

so funny! I've always dreamed of being able to sing my kids to sleep...uh, not so much. They stop me, every time I do! ;)

funderson said...

I hope you started singing louder!
:)

ajh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ajh said...

This post is too funny! I only sing with my third graders. They are probably dying to tell me to stop!

Becka said...

Hilarious :D

Unknown said...

The next time someone tells me they have cramps, I may just tell them it's the voices singing inside their head.

Aron said...

haha thats hilarious :) and i am right there with you on the stomach pains - so annoying!!

Char said...

Kids certainly know how to keep you humble.

Marlene said...

I love when you share these funny little remarks your girls make. So cute!

Jodi H said...

I absolutely love it! Kids say the funniest things.

Joanne @ MostlyFitMom said...

Too cute :)

Stomach pains - I am there with you. Still haven't figured out the magic combo to put an end to them. *sigh* At least I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

LOL! My daughter had stomach pain the other night...should've known it was due to singing!

Fruit Fly said...

That's adorable! Your Doodle might be onto something!

suzy, http://countdownto13.blogspot.com/ said...

Those kiddos of yours - they say the funniest things! :)