But before toeing the line, we needed to pick up our race bibs. So, last night, I took the girls to the race expo, where we met up with G, the illusive Dave and Earth Momma Mer. The plan was simple.
1. Meet around five. Check.
2. Pick up our race bags. Check.
3. Scope out the booths. Check.
4. Spend zero dollars. Check.
5. Keep the kids reigned in. Fail.
Ever wonder what would happen if you let a five year old and a three year old with sticky fingers attend a race expo? Well, wonder no more ...
The vast majority of this was NOT INCLUDED in the race bag. If it was FREE, my kids were taking it.
With that said, the experience was far from bad. The high points included ...
- The fact that the expo itself was sweet. I would have been there for hours had I not had the kids with me OR if I had an unlimited budget.
- P.F. Chang's was giving out fortune cookies with running-themed fortunes. Mine couldn't have been more perfect for me. It said, "Eat to run. Run to eat."
- Dizzle, who was on the hunt for free food, found a table of GU and said, "Is that free? Or is it regular running GU?" (I seriously love that my kids know what GU is for).
- The girls made these adorable signs for J and me ...
Cute, right? And if PRs come from channeling the energy of butterflies, unicorns, rainbows and smiling suns, then J and I are golden ...