Wednesday, February 10, 2010

illness and heart attacks ...

Everyone in my house is sick. I'll spare you all the details, but Boogie Wipes are in high demand. I haven't run in two days. I know that two days may not be that big of a deal. But it's killing me. I will run today. Even if it's only three miles and even if it's really slow. (I will note that I probably need a recovery week. I've been going hard since January 1 and it wouldn't be the worst thing if I took it a little bit easier this week. But it's SO HARD to do.)

So, like I said. Everyone is sick. Dilly knows this, but she still insisted on nearly giving me a heart attack this morning.

This is what she looked like when I sat her down for breakfast. As you can see, our table is bar height. Not your standard table.
And this is what she looked like when I returned from the pantry. And yes, she was buckled in.
Great job, Dilly. At 12 months old, you have figured out how to be completely dangerous. Fantastic! I've been waiting for this moment for so long ...
Oh, and on a different note, I got my bib number for the Disney Princess Half yesterday. It's 2287, which are the same 4 digits of my birthday, 2782 ... can you say good omen?

24 comments:

Angie Pants said...

OMG!! I think I had a mini heart attack for you..crazy

gba_gf said...

~gasp~

Sarah said...

Wow...she is one talented girl! Once I turned to grab something in target and when I turned back my son, who was 1 at the time, was standing up in the front of the cart reaching for something...I think I may have actually screamed. :)

Libby said...

I am officially registered for the princess half-and I will be wearing my tutu :)

Marlene said...

Ohmigosh, you really can't turn your back anymore! I hope everyone feels better soon.

Katie A. said...

OMG! She is too smart! Hope everyone feels better soon and you get your run in! :) Very cool bib number!

Anonymous said...

oh wow, thats one talented girl!!

Jenn said...

That was totally my Reese. She was a little Houdini and I've died at least 13 deaths since the day she was born! Awesome about the bib #-definitely a good omen!!

MCM Mama said...

I'm sorry but I'm LOL! I walked into my dining room one time when my youngest was 9 months and he was standing on the table. If she's anything like him, your future will be full of these mini heart attacks.

Sarah said...

I have had many mini heart attacks over the last few years, so I know just how you feel!

Anonymous said...

How did you get your bib number? And that is hilarious! She seems awfully close to the edge...

Mike Russell said...

Just wait until she figures out how to open the front or back doors. My boy did that at about 18 months. I came downstairs and the front door was wide open.

That will give you a heart attack...

Kerrie said...

OMG. I would've DIED.

Anne said...

Yikes...the first, but certainly not the last mini heart-attack with little houdini Dilly :)

Do take it easy this week, you'll probably end up with some amazing times next week after this rest.

Yay for the bib!

X-Country2 said...

Ah, the downside of having too smart of kids.

Teamarcia said...

Is Dilly's middle name Houdini? Wow! Hope everyone feels better!

Allie said...

Oh wow, I would have freaked a little too.

Definitely a good omen on the bib number, you're going to do great!

ajh said...

Like the omen of your bib number. Keep your eye on that little cutie!

Miglena said...

OMG, if it happened to me I for sure would have had that hard attack I! This girl is talented! Excellent fine motor and problem solving skills to both figure out the buckle and to do it... I guess you won't live her alone ever again!

RunHapi13 said...

OMG! Craziness...but I hope you feel better, and rest isn't a bad idea! :-)

Carolina John said...

my kids are suicidal. all the time. 12 months old? he's getting an advanced start.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Holy wow! I would be freaked. I have had oogy nose for over a week now, I am sooo over it.

Love the bib #

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Why do they HAVE to climb? Good thing our tickers are strong and healthy!

Great bib #! I see good things!

Michelle said...

Oh my stars!