Wednesday, February 3, 2010

tiara test ...

I'm pretty sure that by now you are all aware of my desire to mix fashion with running. It seems to work for me. I'm not speedy enough to garner attention for my running, but I get endless comments and media exposure for what I wear. So, of course I had to come up with a stellar outfit for the Disney Princess Half. And this is what I decided on:

This yellow tank from Nike

My yellow skirt from runningskirts.com
Yellow knee high socks, of course. And a tiara. Like a real tiara. The kind that beauty queens wear. (No pictures until race day. Something has to be a surprise.) Anyway, Dizzle had one and I figured that I would rock it. I mean, what would a princess be without her tiara.

And since you can't debut anything new on race day, I had to test it out. So, last night I ran a quarter marathon run at race pace (6.55 in 1:00:28) to see how it held up. Initially, I wore the tiara alone, but after about a mile, it was starting to slide and I was way too conscious of it. So I pulled out my visor and placed the tiara on the brim. SO MUCH BETTER. By the end of the run I had totally forgotten that it was even there. Well, except for when J came into the room, looked at me with a puzzled stare and asked, "You're running with a tiara on?"

Um, yeah. I'm pretty sure he thinks I am crazy ...

21 comments:

Allie said...

Ha ha, I love it!!!! You're going to look so cute, I can't wait to see the pictures.

robinbb said...

Love it!!! The Princess Half is so fun, I wish I was going back again this year. I wore a yellow top last year and got a lot of compliments. Can't wait to see pictures!

MCM Mama said...

Too funny!

Kerrie said...

I'm so jealous of your tiara...and I haven't even seen it.

April said...

So cute! Love it! Why NOT run with a tiara!! Oh I'm so jealous you get to run the Princess Half!

Stephanie Estridge said...

hhaah yes!! That's awesome. I ran Disney Marathon in mickey boingy ears... like full on springs!

Love the outfit and I'm sure the Tiara will be perfect

Jen Feeny said...

You'll be the BELLE of the Half! :)
Can't wait to see the pics! So much fun!

Jill and I are putting together some craziness for our Breast Cancer Half in a few weeks and I can't wait!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh I would have loved to see the reaction.. that is GREAT! Tiara on a visor.. Oh the pictures are going to be classic.. Will you be getting an up-do on race morning?? LOL!

Marlene said...

GREAT outfit. Can't wait to see the finish product!

gba_gf said...

love it! I can see it now...

Sarah said...

That sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see a pic!!!

Anne said...

Excellent! So looking forward to d-day pics :)

Alicia said...

You are my running fashion queen! Er, I mean, princess! Too cute!

Sarah said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see the whole outfit put together.

Katie A. said...

I hate having to wait!!! I would have loved to see your hubbs face when you came in with that on! Priceless no doubt!

Teamarcia said...

I am loving your race ensemble! I need to drag the girls down and do that half one of these years, before they get too old and cool.

Casey said...

love it! only one more month til race day!

Zoƫ said...

Sweetness! Can't wait to see the end result of the Belle costume. Running with a tiara sounds fun too! You should make it a weekly occurance, like "Tiara Tuesdays."

:)

Sarah said...

I LOVE the yellow outfit! I havent seen anyone wear a tiara yet...but I think its cute!

How do you like the running skirts? They seem to be popular, but do they actually work??

Michelle said...

Hilarious! Where is the pic of the tiara run? I saw the post on FB & came here looking for it!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to wear a tiara while running the race...but goodness I CAN AND WILL wear one. and the socks in your giveaway above...those are the same ones I got for san diego! I got them in purple and teal (TNT colors). So excited and now I have something to cover up the ugly calf compression sleeves