Thursday, February 18, 2010

Three Things Thursday ...

It's Three Things Thursday ...

1. I had a change of plans today and wasn't able to meet up with G for our run this morning (hopefully next week, G). But, I still wanted to get a quick run in before I picked the girls up from school. So, I hopped on the treadmill for the two fastest miles of my life. 14:50! Yes, you read that correctly, 7:25 pace. And since you are wondering what I look like after such blazing speed, here you go (rocking the Bondi Band that Katye sent me)...
2. I'm beginning to believe that I am a mid-foot striker. After reading Zoe's post about her Newton shoes, I realized that my wear pattern is pretty much identical to hers. The heal is perfectly intact, and the ball of my foot and plastic support at the arch are beat to heck. Here, take a look. Now, I am really interested in trying out a pair of Newtons.

3. I got to spend the entire morning with this little ball of cuteness (she's getting over the Chicken Pox) ... How could that not make you smile?

20 comments:

Marlene said...

Woohoo, nice job on the smokin' fast run! Love the post-run pic in all your smiley, sweaty, speedy glory!

Katie A. said...

Awesome workout! You kicked that treadmill's butt!
And that face is adorable - the chicken pox are the worst!
Happy Thursday!!

MCM Mama said...

She's adorable! And way to rock the treadmill! Wow!

Anne said...

That is smokin' fast...great job!
Indeed, that is one adorable smile...I can't help but smile along :)

Jen Feeny said...

Awwww she is adorable!

Momma Twitch said...

AWESOME PACE!!! I wish I could do that. She's such a cutie chicken pox and all.

Erica said...

holy smokes! You got jets on the back of those shoes? That is a fast two miles! and that kid is cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful what you did on the treadmill! and she makes me smile!

Kerrie said...

That's the cutest Chicken Pox carrier I've ever seen. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pace!! And she makes chicken pox look so cute!!

April said...

Looks like your little cutie has a flair for fashion!!
Great pace speedy!!

Teamarcia said...

Nice work! I'd asgree you are a midfoot striker. Give the Newtons a try but be careful. I love my originals, the Isaacs not so much.
Oh no Chix pox! tis the season. She's so cute!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great speedy run. I bet you felt great! Nice Bondi Band!

I'm smiling! She is a cutie! Love the colors!

ihaverun said...

Awesome run!! And everyone seems to be talking about what kind of striker they are lately. I just might have to join in and analyze my own running!

Jill said...

Awesome job on the speedy run and how adorable is that wee-one!! I'd love to spend the day with her, too!!! :)

ajh said...

She certainly brought a big smile to my face.

Alicia said...

Whoa! I don't even think I could hold that pace for 1 mile! Great job!

Hmm, I ordered Bondi Bands from Katye, too. Hope they come soon! You are adorable in yours, by the way. :)

Tortuga_Runner said...

Bummer, Chicken Pox, don't look like it has put a damper on her mood. I am super out of the loop, I had to google Bondi Bands. There were a couple cutesy saying ones I loved so I placed an order. Hope they are as functional as they are fun.

Michelle said...

Great job on the run! I need one of those Bondi Bands!

Cute picture of the little one! Sorry about the chick pox.

Emily said...

I must confess the James River was my favorite part of the Richmond marathon! (The Bridge 'O Headwinds was NOT).

Bermuda?? Done. I'll start looking up tickets for my running vacation!