Monday, February 1, 2010

January rewind ...

Holy Cow! Where did January go? It felt like I had waited FOREVER for it to get here (with booking the Bermuda trip last July and all) and now it's over.

We had a pretty relaxing weekend here, since we were trapped due to the foot of snow that fell on Saturday. J took the girls out to play and I spent a lot of time with my trusty old treadmill (which I didn't so much mind). I realized, after my 10 miler on Saturday, that I was only 3.83 miles short of 100 for the month. Sweet! I debated for all of 10 seconds, then decided to do one more run on Sunday to round out my mileage. (Initially, I thought this was a HUGE feat, probably close to my all-time monthly record. But, I was so wrong. Apparently, I logged 149 miles in October. Way more than I had realized.) Anyway, I ran a four miler on Sunday and finished January at 100.17 miles! Woo hoo!

And that was going to be the end of my recap, but then I saw Morgan's post this morning and was inspired to make a list of my own. So here it goes:

January 2010
Miles Planned/Ran: 97.3/100.17 (with an overall pace of 9:33)
Rest Days Planned/Taken: 14/12
Highest Mileage Week: 1/25-1/31: 27.07 miles
Long Runs Planned/Run: 5/5
Donuts Earned: 66.37 (this is perhaps my favorite part of DailyMile)
Current Book: Book? What is a book? I've read a magazine before, but these books you speak of ...
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Handfuls of chocolate chips from the BJ's sized bag in our pantry.
Current Colors: PINK (obviously) and charcoal grey
Current Obsessions: This blog, my birthday (only six days away!!)
Current Drink: French Vanilla Coffee
Current Song: OneRepublic - All the Right Moves
Current Need: A new cheetah skirt - mine is hanging on by a thread. Hopefully, a certain little sister of mine will come through with one for my birthday.
Current Triumph: Hitting 100 miles in January, which puts me on track to easily hit 1000 this year!
Current Bane of My Existence: The snow. I hate it. I want Spring to arrive and to run outside again!
Current Goal: PR at the Disney Princess Half
Current Indulgence: Extra warm knee high socks ... I know it doesn't seem like much, but they make me smile.
Current Blessing: My kids, hubby and fact that I am injury-free!
Current Excitement: Did I mention that my birthday is only six days away?

18 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats on the 100 miles!!!!

Loved your list...made me smile :)

Kerrie said...

Speaking of birthdays...you should head over to Mom vs. Marathon. ;)

Marlene said...

Fun list, and great mileage for January!

gba_gf said...

YAY for a great January! And you KNOW you can PR at Disney after that brutal test race in Bermuda.

And the snow, I agree. I didn't move to VA from MA to live with this much snow in one season.

Mike Russell said...

100 miles in January is fantastic -- congrats! Now how many miles are you going to do in February?

Jen Feeny said...

Woo hoo for 100 miles! Way to go girly! You and I are way too much a like! I did the same thing to round out my month. LOL! My boyfriend made so much fun of me.

Loved the list and a birthday right around the corner?!?!?! Yay!

You are totally going to PR at Disney... just saying. :)

Katie A. said...

Great job on the month of miles! Whoo hoo! And you're right, as much as I felt January dragggggged, it went by fast when I look back!

Teamarcia said...

WTG on the 100 miles!
I don't mind snow so much as long as it's not on the freaking roads! Now the dang wind is a different story--enough!

April said...

Great list!! You are doing great on you mileage!

Anonymous said...

You moms have nothing to be ashamed of body wise! It I look half as amazing and athletic as you ladies after I have children (not any time in the near future.) I will be a happy girl. I want to try to find all the bloggers heading to princess and maybe meet up for a run or lunch or something (with all your beautiful families!) since my family will be staying home for this one

Steel Springs said...

Congratulations on the 100 miles! I've had the verses from "All the Right Moves" in my head for days.

Sarah said...

I found your blog through Running Diva...congrats on a great month! Hope you get that cheetah skirt for your b-day! I don't have one of those...but maybe I need one too. :)

Anonymous said...

I want to add your birthday to yesterday's Sunday FunDay but I want to make sure I'm right...today is the 1st...+6 days =Feb. 7th right???

Anonymous said...

I want to add your birthday to yesterday's Sunday FunDay but I want to make sure I'm right...today is the 1st...+6 days =Feb. 7th right???

Anonymous said...

I want to add your birthday to yesterday's Sunday FunDay but I want to make sure I'm right...today is the 1st...+6 days =Feb. 7th right???

Jenn said...

Nice work on 100.17 miles. I so would have quit at an even 100..lol! Love the list! Hey-is your birthday 6 days away?

Anonymous said...

First time reader so cut me some slack if I am behind. I sure hope you're not actually eating 66 donuts over the course of a month!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Nice job on the January miles!

66 Donuts, huh?

I agree with the snow dis-liking. We are to get 12 - 18 inches this weekend, fun fun fun!