Dizzle at one week old
Dizzle at five years old
Five years ago today, I became a mother. And in that instant, you changed my world in a way that I could never have imagined. I thank you for that. You have taught me lessons in parenting and a multitude of things about myself. I love you endlessly for everything you are and everything you will be. And today, on your fifth birthday, I want to give you a glimpse of who you are at this very moment.
1. You love all things girly. This is a shock to me. I'm so not that way. And although you can get dirty with the best of them, you much prefer to it while wearing a dress.
2. You are extremely strong-willed. This is less of a shock to me. You want what you want and will do most anything to make it happen. I love this about you. And I hate this about you. We often butt heads because neither of us want to give in.
3. You love being active. And are always looking for a competition. Whether it is dance, soccer, running or just goofing around in the yard, you are constantly on the move and are always ready to race.
4. You have erratic eating habits. Some days you are a bottomless pit. And other days, you eat nothing. Even if I make you exactly what you ask for. You love pizza, mac and cheese and fruit. You hate all things green. I pray that this changes.
5. You have an incredibly long attention span. If you find an activity you like, you are easily occupied for hours. You love to draw and paint and just be creative. You are passionate about it. And I love it.
6. You think you can outsmart me. But you can't. Your sneaky behaviors and pestering of your sisters does not go unnoticed. I am keeping tally. It will all come back to bite you one day. Consider yourself warned.
7. You love being my "twin." I know this won't last forever. One day, you will think I am uncool and will want nothing to do with me. So, I eat this up while I can.
8. You are drama, drama, drama. The littlest thing is like the end of the world to you. You think that whining will get you your way. I hope that you learn quickly that this is never going to fly. You might as well cut the drama now and save us all the trouble.
9. You are a daredevil. You will ride the biggest roller coasters and try almost anything. I love your sense of adventure.
10. At the same time, you are the biggest wimp. You freak out over bugs and water in your face. You cry if you think you are going to miss out on something. Dizzle, suck it up. You can handle more than you think.
11. You are crazy intelligent. Maybe a little bit too intelligent. It's getting hard to "sneak" things past you. And I don't like it.
12. You are beautiful both inside and out. You have more love than you know what to do with. I hope you stay that way forever.
13. You are just plain silly. Everything is a joke with you. You are constantly acting like a goofball. And when we add your sisters to the mix, things are just crazy.
14. You NEVER stop talking. Ever. Some days, I just want to put earplugs in.
15. You are loyal and caring and loving. You are a true friend and someone I am lucky to have in my life. I love you more that I will ever be able to express. And I am so proud to be your mom.
Happy 5th Birthday Dizzle!