(Note: Check out the story behind Ahnu in their fall newsletter HERE).
The Monte Vista boasts a waterproof oiled leather upper with contrast stitch detailing up the ankle and calf for a sleek, flattering fit. The eVent waterproof bootie and 200 grams of insulation offer cozy, dry comfort in cold conditions. The Vibram® outsole of the Ahnu Monte Vista Waterproof boot ensures reliable traction on slippery surfaces. Plus, it's mid-calf design gives me the ability to rock my knee highs. And I am sure these boots would look epic over your pants as well.
There is a lot to like about the Monte Vista. Here are just some of my favorite features:
- Waterproof - We don't get much snow here in VA, but we do get a ton of rain, especially in the Fall and Spring. I felt that I could stomp through the puddles and mud with my kids and not be concerned about ruining the shoe.
- eVent - I just loved that my feet were always warm (a big selling point for this perpetually cold individual) but NEVER overheated or sweaty. I am attributing this to the eVent feature of the shoe which while offering durable waterproof protection, the eVent membrane allows moisture from sweat to pass directly through millions of tiny open pores and to the outside of the fabric. Outside water is unable to enter, in turn keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Numentum Hike Technology - I have really bad feet. I can't wear unsupportive shoes for more than an hour or so and I can't ever go barefoot. This usually means I have to wear sneakers. But the Monte Vista's Numentum Hike Technology, which creates the comfort of an athletic show with the heal stability of a rugged hiker, allowed me to be comfortable even after 10 hours of wear.
- Function vs. Fashion - We all know that I value style and function in my apparel and shoes are no different. I love the brick red color of these shoes that elevate them from your typical hiking boot.
I had the hardest time getting it snug enough. The lacing system didn't allow me to keep the lower part of the laces tight as I moved up the shoes. I wish it had the lace hooks, which are located at the top of the boot throughout the entire shoe.
Do you want to try a pair of Ahnu Boots? Thanks to OnlineShoes.com one reader will win their choice of either the Monte Vista (women's) or the Mendocino (men's). Here's how to enter (one comment for each entry please!):
REQUIRED: Become a follower of this blog.
- Follow me on Twitter HERE.
- Like Racing With Babes on Facebook HERE.
- Follow OnlineShoes.com on Twitter HERE.
- Spread the word about this giveaway via your blog, Facebook or Twitter (include @tmbrunnerfirst and @onlineshoes_com in your tweet).
Disclaimer: I was provided this product for free to review. The opinions stated here are solely my own.