Friday, December 2, 2011

November Rewind ...

Eleven months down, one to go. Here's my recap of November 2011 ...

Run Miles Planned/Miles Ran:
81.4/149.09 (recovery month after two marathons in one week)

Bike Miles Planned/Miles Rode: 0/0 (spoiler alert! I rode my bike yesterday ...)

Swim Meters Planned/Meters Swam: 200m/200m

Rest Days Planned/Rest Days Taken: as many as I needed/10

Highest Run Mileage Week: 11/7-11/13: 37.82 miles

Highest Bike Mileage Week: none

Highest Swim Volume Week: 11/28-11/30: 200 meters (be impressed)

Long Runs Planned/Long Runs Completed: 4/4

Current Book: I've read If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, like a 1,000 in the last week alone.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Shyndigz. Thought I loved cupcakes? Well I love Cake Shakes, too. Half a slice of cake, blended into a vanilla shake with the other half of the slice on a plate. Freaking heaven.

Current Colors: Charcoal Gray and Lululemon Currant

Current Drink: Dunkin Donuts Mint Mocha Coffee. I am perpetually cold and it is the only thing that warms me up.

Current Song: Calling All the Monsters - China Anne McClain (yes, I am 12)

Current Triumph: Two marathons in a week was pretty epic. So was devouring 22 munchkins during a 5K. Oh, and I swam 200 meters. I'm kind of bada$$.

Current Goal: 70.3 domination. That is all.

Current Blessing:
I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful.

Current Excitement: My new treadmill. Half Ironman training cycle. Disney. Christmas. My 30th birthday. Lots of exciting things happening in the next six months.

2011 Goals - Status Update:

Personal:
  • Clean up my diet - I am tracking my food religiously at SparkPeople, survived my sugar detox and have been able to add a small amount of sweets back in without causing a total binge.
  • Eat no more than 25 cupcakes - As of December 2nd - 23 cupcakes eaten
Financial:
  • Pay off our consumer debt by the end of the year - Due to purchasing a new car, our debt repayment has slowed, but we have paid off over half of our consumer debt and are on track to be credit card debt free in 10 months. Plus, we are on track to have our student loans eliminated by February 2013, five month ahead of our schedule. And 10 years faster than if we let it go to term.
  • Spend $0 on clothing - As of December 2nd - $278.50 spent - I caved and bought some stuff from Lululemon and a pair of jeans from eBay when my lone pair ripped.
Running:
  • Run 2,000 miles - As of December 2nd - 1805.27 miles run.
  • Run a sub 1:55 half marathon - Next race - 2/26, Disney Princess Half
  • Take 30+ minutes off my marathon - Completed - 11/12, Richmond Marathon, 4:12:52, 36:46 PR.

16 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Girl, you are rocking 2011!

Just out of curiosity, do the cake shakes count against your cupcake total? ;o)

Running Backwards in High Heels said...

Seriously.. 2012 better watch out because you are going to stomp it too!

Running Ricig said...

I feel like your reading materials are more respectable than my Nora Roberts I've been reading. :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

What an amazing month you had. It seems like November was the month for many of us to really shine. Congrats on all your accomplishments!

Cake Shake. When you first posted I didn't know what you meant. That sounds heavenly.

Love the "If You..." series too. We are still readying the Lamma Lamma books over and over....

You are going to LOVE being 30!!

Marlene said...

Wicked month!! 70.3 domination is pretty much guaranteed!

CAKE SHAKES?! omg

MotherRunner said...

I love reading your month recaps. I think I'd like to start this in 2012 when I'm back up to speed femur-wise... mind if I borrow some of your categories?

Unknown said...

Cake shake with a slice of cake on the side? That's it, I need to get myself to the east coast stat.

I can't believe you ran that many miles with 10 rest days. Bada$$. Oh, and that 200m swim, epic.

Unknown said...

You are so organized. Teach me your ways!

fancy nancy said...

Amazing!!! You are absolutely bada$$!!! Way to go on such a strong month!!

Jen Feeny said...

You are killing 2011! Congrats on another great month chica.

christa said...

Where would one find a cake shake? It sounds delish!!

Unknown said...

I love that your actual run mileage is like 60 mile than your planned miles. You are awesome! :)

Mmm... cake in a shake? That sounds heavenly!

You have so many exciting things coming up soon... and in 2012! YAY!

Canuck Mom said...

As always you are inspiring. That 70.3 is going to be epic for you. Plus the Princess 1/2, one of my favorite to run, is going to be so much fun!! I can not wait to see your outfit for that one.:)

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

seriously awesome month! you never cease to amaze me.

ummmm...cake shakes. holy cow. i am speechless.

i am 12 too. always rocking out to radio disney, even when i am alone in the car.

the next 6 months sound incredible!

Becka said...

Great month, awesome job at that well-deserved rest. Jealous about the new TM!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Thanks for the cafe link, the cakes look awesome! I really love these rewind posts. Great job on 2011, I am always so motivated after reading your post.