Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday -

Cupcakes - At Doodle's preschool, each parent has to be on one committee and handle one party. For the last 4 years, I have been on the hospitality committee. We handle all the food, drinks and door prizes at the co-op meetings. We are in charge of meals when families need help and welcome baskets when families grow.

But the biggest thing we do each year is give our Directress a Christmas gift and an end of the year gift. Like last year, it was my job to coordinate this. And once we have a gift idea worked out, it's actually quite a simple task. Except when things go awry. Like they did this year. Normally it wouldn't have shaken me, except I am also in charge of the Holiday party today. I had like a bizillion things to do. Like making these ...

I just didn't have the time for hiccups.

Vacation - We leave tomorrow for our Christmas vacation to Disney (which also means this blog will be on vacation until further notice). I have nothing packed. And I will be at Doodle's preschool all day today. And I missed my run this morning. I might be freaking the freak out by this afternoon. But, all should be alleviated when we surprise the girls with where we are going later today. I'm sure their excitement will help me chill out.

Last Chance - Remember, I will be announcing the winner of my Ahnu Boots Giveaway HERE tomorrow. So, if you haven't entered yet, do it now.

14 comments:

Running Ricig said...

Yes! Those cupcakes are freaking awesome!!

I'm so jealous of your yearly vacation to disney!!

Karen said...

Those cupcakes are too cute! Love that the girls don't know where they are going yet - how exciting for them :)

Marlene said...

OHHH they don't know you're going?! That's amazing. HAVE FUN and good luck with getting everything done.

Runners Fuel said...

Have a great trip!!

Katie said...

those are adorable!!

Laura said...

Have a great vacay...I can't wait to hear about the kids reactions!

Sally said...

You HAVE to video their reaction! I did when we suprised our kids a few years ago...still makes me teary...happy teary.

Beth said...

Love that you are surprising your kids! My parents did that to us and didn't tell us until we were IN the parking lot. I still remember the excitement. Have a great trip!

Run with Jess said...

Keep me away from the cupcakes! YUM!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Love the Santa hat cupcakes. Cute and clever.

Safe travels. I expect video of the girls finding out where they are going. I'll be prepared to to turn the volume down.

Elizabeth said...

have sooo much fun!

ajh said...

Have a great vacation. You can destress then.

Christine said...

MMhhhhh , looks yummy!! Enjoy your vacation :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Disney. Hope you have so much fun!