Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful ...

Tomorrow afternoon, the family and I will load up our car and head to Rhode Island (yes, that is a VERY.LONG.DRIVE) for a Blanchet family reunion of sorts. While most of the B Clan live in New England, there are a few of us who have flown the coup. This year, however, all of us out-of-towners, have decided to travel back for Thanksgiving. I'm super excited about this. I love watching my girls play with their cousins and since that only happens about once a year, I eat up every second of it.

Our trip does have a downside though. Over the past few years, it has become a tradition to run our local Turkey Trot 10K on Thanksgiving morning. Our travel plans had me missing the race (my busted foot doesn't help either). And unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps) this year, no one else registered in time. So instead, all my running buddies are staging their own Turkey Trot - with awards and everything. It sounds like a blast and I am super bummed to miss it.

But even though there are some things getting me down right now (my busted foot, our LONG drive, not running), there are lots of things "filling my pie":

I am thankful for my loving husband and three beautiful daughters. They are my world and I would be lost without them.

I am thankful to have good health, a positive outlook and stability. There is something to be said for not rocking the boat.

I am thankful that my foot injury is minor. It could be so much worse. Only six more days until bye-bye boot!

I am thankful that my children don't really get what time it is and that if it's dark I can put them to bed. Even if it's only 6 p.m.

I am thankful to have such amazing friends. It's great to know that you have people you can count on no matter what.

I am thankful that I can run. Eating is so much more fun when you don't have to feel guilty about pigging out!

I am thankful for EVERYONE who has touched my life. Both good and bad. Every interaction has helped shape the person I am and that is something I will never take for granted.

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

What a nice list! We are traveling for Christmas this year and will have our long drive next month. Hope it flies by for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Have a safe trip buddy!! Those are some wonderful things to be Thankful for :)

I sure hope that darn foot gets better ASAP.

Photos on the Blog of the socks. You are AWESOME!

gba_gf said...

LOVE IT - especially about the kids not telling time, that is so something that i would do... have done... And I hope you have a stellar drive, and when you get home we'll get back on the run.

Katie A. said...

Very cool list - it always feels good to do a thankful list.
What a blast, a New England Thanksgiving...doesn't get much more American than that! Enjoy and have a safe trip! :)