For those of you who don't know about Grassroot Soccer, here's a little information about their mission:
"Each day more than 7,000 people die of AIDS, and it is the leading cause of death of women globally.
At Grassroot Soccer, we see a world mobilized through soccer to create an AIDS-free generation. Our mission is to educate, inspire and mobilize youth to stop the spread of HIV. By 2014, GRS plans to reach 1 million youth with life-saving education. To date, we've graduated 393,225 girls and boys from our programs globally.
To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact."
To learn more visit, www.grassrootsoccer.org
I am honored that I have been given the opportunity to use my running to give back and to raise money for such a worthy cause. For so long, running has play such an important role in my life. It has provided me with sanity, health, friendships, purpose and passion. And now, I am to use running to be an agent of change.
I have pledged to raise $3,000 for Grassroot Soccer and I know with your support, I can reach my goal. And to help with my fundraising, I will be hosting a raffle of some of my favorite products starting on Monday, June 13th. Entering is easy. All you need to do is make a donation HERE. The more you donate, the more entries you get.
Today, I want to highlight the companies that have made this raffle possible with their generous donations.
- Allied Medal Displays - Prefabricated and custom steel medal hangers. You can learn more about Allied Steel on Facebook HERE.
- Back Pocket Sports - Women's cycling jerseys and running tops, equipped with three back pockets. Check out Back Pocket Sports on Facebook HERE
- ViSalus - Body By Vi - ViSalus means Life, Health and Prosperity. ViSalus shake mixes are made from the world’s best ingredients and formulated by a Scientific Advisory Board comprised of the brightest minds in nutritional science.
- Jessica's Gifts - Quality hand-crafted commemorative charms, race lockets and other inspirational pieces for runners and triathletes. Check out Jessica's Gifts on Facebook HERE.
- GU Energy - Performance energy products for any endurance sport. Every product is formulated to further GU’s mission: to help athletes go faster and longer than ever before. Learn more about GU Energy on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.
- Partylite - Home Decor items including, candles in a variety of sizes, as well as Two Sisters Gourmet Food items and spa products. Learn more about PartyLite on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.
- Raw Crunch Bar - Handmade, uncooked, unprocessed energy bars. Every Raw Crunch bar is hand-made fresh with a personal passion for excellence and quality that only a small cottage manufacturer can offer. Follow Raw Crunch Bar on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE
- RoadID - USA's #1 source for Runners ID, Cycling ID and Medical ID. Founded by a father and son team, RoadID will speak for you, if you can't speak for yourself. Check out RoadID on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.
- See Jane Run - See Jane Run is so much more than a running store. As a woman-owned and operated company, See Jane Run reaches out to individuals of all shapes, ages and fitness levels. In addition to selling a variety of athletic apparel, See Jane Run has established the I Run for Chocolate and Champagne race series. You can learn more about See Jane Run on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.
- TMB Endurance Bands - Non-Slip Headbands handmade by yours truly
- Tough Chik - Performance clothing designed by women for women. Tough Chik is not just a clothing line, it is an outlook on life. Check them out on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.
- Zensah - A seamless performance apparel company with products ranging from compression socks to arm sleeves to everything in between. Check out Zensah on Facebook HERE and Twitter HERE.