Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May rewind ...

Four months down, eight to go. Here's my recap of May 2011 ...

Run Miles Planned/Miles Ran:
191/16.38 (over the last 10 days of the month)

Bike Miles Planned/Mile Rode: 0/118.76

Rest Days Planned/Rest Days Taken: 4/23 (the crash/surgery)

Highest Run Mileage Week: 5/23-5/29: 10.13 mile (I know, pick your jaw up off the floor)

Highest Bike Mileage Week: 5/23-5/29: 75.76 miles

Long Runs Planned/Long Runs Completed: 5/1 (if you count 3.1 miles in a sling as long)

Current Book: The Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel. Love this book (Thanks SpeeDee). It's just what I needed to set up my 70.3 plan. Plus, it reaffirmed what Racing Weight said - I have a body built for Triathlons.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Secret Life of the American Teenager. I swear that every time I watch it, J questions why he married me. The show is a total train wreak. But I watch every week. Pathetic.

Current Colors: Purple and Turquoise

Current Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper - Totally been craving it lately.

Current Song: E.T. - Katy Perry

Current Triumph: I ran FOUR MILES last night without a sling at a 9:25 pace. And on Monday, I rode my bike 30 miles, my longest ride to date. I'm kind of feeling strong right now.

Current Goal: Continue to recover from the surgery that produced this before and after ...

And to rebuild my endurance so I don't get swept off the course in San Francisco in July.

Current Blessing: That my superhuman powers have once again shown themselves. I know I am recovering wicked fast. And I am thankful for that.

Current Excitement: I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of July. G and I are headed to the San Francisco Half Marathon where we are going to meet up with Katye and Kim and whoever else we can wrangle in. And earlier in the month, I'm expecting to announce something AMAZING. It's going to be awesome.

2011 Goals - Status Update:

Personal:
  • Clean up my diet - I am tracking my food religiously at SparkPeople, survived my sugar detox and have been able to add a small amount of sweets back in without causing a total binge.
  • Eat no more than 25 cupcakes - As of June 1st - 14 cupcakes eaten
Financial:
  • Pay off our consumer debt by the end of the year - We have paid off over half of our consumer debt and are on track to be credit card debt free in 10 months. Plus, we are on track to have our student loans eliminated by February 2013, five month ahead of our schedule. And 10 years faster than if we let it go to term.
  • Spend $0 on clothing - As of June 1st - $0 spent.
Running:
  • Run 2,000 miles - As of June 1st - 743.63 miles run.
  • Run a sub 1:55 half marathon - Next race - 7/31, San Francisco Half
  • Take 30+ minutes off my marathon - Completed - 3/26, National Marathon, 4:15:48, 33:50 PR.

18 comments:

Lacey said...

It's so awesome to read about your progress! You really are a superwoman! And the best of luck cleaning up your diet. It's never easy, but it's super rewarding.

Anonymous said...

Even injured you still had a fantastic month. Good luck in June!

fancy nancy said...

I love your positive attitude through your injury...it is making your super human healing posers kick in!!!

Can't wait for your announcement in July!

Running Ricig said...

I watch so many shows that make my husband question why he married me. There are just so many good ones out there!!

So glad you're healing like a super hero!

Gaspegirl said...

I love your goals and seeing your progress... I think that I may use this method so that I can plan better and fail less.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Make it a great day!

Unknown said...

Definitely superhuman. No doubt about it. Your drive is amazing.

Jen Feeny said...

You are recovering wicked fast!!! Here's hoping June sees you back in action 100%!!!

Beth said...

You are so close to all your year-end goals and you're not even halfway through yet! And yes, you are superhuman.

Katie said...

I LOVE SLAT. it's so awful and i can't stop watching it! and consider me wrangled for SF half!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo for SF! We won't let you get swept, I promise. Can't wait...

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

When I read these monthly recaps, it never ceases to amaze (yeah, I over use that word) me that there are so many people out there really LIVING their lives not just putting in the time. People setting goals and accomplishing them.
You had a remarkable month. So much has happened to you. I know you are stronger and better for all of it. I think it's the potholes in our paths that keep things exciting.

April said...

I'm pretty sure your month was way better than mine and I have no injuries....yikes! You are hardcore!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Thanks for being such an inspiration in how you still stay so positive and do the best you can do even when you are not your 100%! Way to take life by the ears! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to kick buut with your goals!

Marlene said...

I am AMAZED at how well you are recovering. Freaking awesome and so inspiring to see you bouncing back!!

Ohhhh you little tease with the announcement!!! ;)

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

I love that you set goals and update us on them! I think I will start doing that as well. Very cool!

You do have a super power! You are healing fast and will be kicking butt again soon!

Alicia said...

So cool to see you running again already! You must be superhuman. And something tells me you are only going to be a stronger runner for it all. Go, TMB!

Anonymous said...

Despite the challenges of May, you've really shone through on so many of your goals. *high five*