Thursday, December 1, 2011

Three Things Thursday ...

Merry Christmas - For a few months, J and I have debated whether or not we should get a new treadmill. I love our current one (which we have had for 7 years) and it runs fine, but J doesn't fit well on it (he's 6'7, after all) and it doesn't have some of the newer features that treadmills are being sold with these days (i.e. decline, tablet screen, Google Maps).

So, after much debate we decided to bite the bullet and purchase this on Black Friday ...

Isn't it pretty? It's being delivered tomorrow and I pretty much can't wait. It will be like Christmas morning.

Vacation - I am in official countdown mode for our Christmas trip. We were going to take the girls to San Diego this year, but the airline canceled our flight and offered a full refund, so we took it. Rather than rebook and spend a fortune for tickets, we decided to drive to Disney. The girls love it (Seriously, they ask to go EVERY FREAKING DAY) and it's our last chance to visit before Dilly turns 3 and we add the cost of her theme park ticket. Heck yeah for saving money! And a double heck yeah for 15 days!

Quarantined - My family needs to be placed in a bubble and hidden from the rest of the world. In the last month and a half, we've had ...
  • Strep
  • Croup
  • Urinary Tract Infections
  • Bat-Pig Flu
  • Colds
  • Pinkeye
And now, Dilly woke up with some weird itchy rash. Are you freaking kidding me? Back to the doctors we go ...

19 comments:

Running Backwards in High Heels said...

Jealous of your new treadmill and Disney! Will you adopt me? It doesn't sound like you are saving money on co-pays at the doctors office. Hope everyone feels 100% when you leave for your trip!

Laura said...

Shiny new treadmill...awesome. I just joined a new gym that has some amazing equipment in it and I am gladly forgoing the insane snow running I did last year for shiny-ness.

Run with Jess said...

Wow! What an exciting post!!
I just ordered a new treadmill too! Can't freakin' wait for delivery. Disney=amazing!! 15 days in FL sound like heaven to me! My kids have also extracted every living disease this fall. What is going on? Hope everyone is healthy for the Xmas trip!

ltlindian said...

Nice treadmill! I wish I could find a love for the 'dreadmill'. But I can't. So I'll just freeze my a** off and run outside.

Running Ricig said...

That's the treadmill we have. It's freaking awesome!! You're going to love it.

Jesser said...

No no no. I am not getting treadmill envy, tho damn that thing looks cool. Ours is fine and all I need is Tivo.

Congrats and enjoy DISNEY!

Laurie said...

Congrats... it looks so puuuuurty. :)

Hopefully you're just getting all the winter sickness out now so that everyone will be healthy and happy at Disney.

Amanda - TooTallFritz said...

I don't even like treadmill running and I'm jealous! LOL! It gets cold & windy here in the midwest and dark very early. I feel like every run is in the dark. Sometimes I would just be nice to jump on a treadmill and zone out for a bit after the kiddos go to bed. Enjoy! And I hope it works better for hubby.

justme said...

holy sickness...so sorry...do they take probiotics ????

giraffy said...

3. Ooooh... shiny! I like your new toy!

2. Boooo no SD! YAY, Disney!

3. Holy cow. Feel better, all of you.

Unknown said...

Love the treamdill!

And yay for Disney!!! Christmas is such a fun time there!

Boo for the sickness... hope the rash heals and that's the last of it!

MotherRunner said...

Ooh - schmancy 'mill! Maybe all this sickness means you guys will be super healthy for like six years in a row. Hope everyone is feeling great soon. :)

Meredith said...

Love everything about this post until you got to the sickies! Rashes are so normal in my family that they don't even warrant a visit to the Dr. anymore... my poor kids. Praying you all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Love how positive you are about all that sickness floating around the house. That doesn't sound like much fun. Of course, I would be pretty happy too if I had such a beautiful treadmill headed my way. Enjoy that!

Michelle said...

That's a great looking treadmill! Enjoy it!

Michelle said...

Last year I WON an $8000 cybex treadmill. I LOVE IT! We just got back from flying from Walla Walla, WA to Florida for Disney! It was the trip of a lifetime! Have a blast!

Christine said...

Awesome treadmill!! I bought one in summer and love it! It's convenient to have it at home :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Seriously, didn't I just tell you how blessed you are? A sweet treadmill, Disney at Christmas (I love your family's vacation instead of loads of presents tradition!)...oh yeah, I guess there is one little set up. Your family has caught just about everything lately.

Marlene said...

That thing is a BEAUTY! Enjoy the new toy.

YAY for Disney!! You really can't go wrong there.