Bike Miles Rode: 455.2 miles (lifetime high)
Swim Meters Completed: 19450 meters or 12.09 miles (lifetime high)
Rest Days Taken: 3
Highest Run Mileage Week: 5/1-5/6: 27 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 5/1-5/6: 108.6 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 5/7-5/13: 6350 meters
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 3
Current Book: I'm about half way through Train Like A Mother. And it's awesome ...
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Two words - Vampire Diaries. We finished the first two seasons and are now searching far and wide for bootleg copies of the third season. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it to the August DVD release date.
Current Colors: Turquoise and Pink
Current Drink: I'm currently obsessed with hot tea with Splenda. Who cares that it's 90 degrees outside and I just finished a workout ...
Current Song: Drive By - Train
Current Triumph: I'm training like a rock star. Unfortunately, I don't have any races on my schedule ...
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day.
Current Blessing: Generally, I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful for that. I don't take anything for granted. Not even for a second.
Current Excitement: ZOOMA Annapolis is this weekend and I can't wait to meet up with some of my favorite run bloggers. I just upgraded my bike trainer. I became an aunt last month. And I have a monster brick scheduled for Sunday. Things are all kinds of good.
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. I'm crushing this one.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of June 1, 2264.33 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts).
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past.
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK. 17 strength sessions in the last two months.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - I've been killing this. But, apparently my scale doesn't care.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of June 1, 14 desserts consumed. I need to just face the facts with this one.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK