Never heard of it before? I'm not shocked. I hadn't either. But, after checking out the Kona Kase website, I was intrigued.
Kona Kase, established in 2012, allows monthly subscribers to receive Kona Kases filled with 8-10 endurance nutrition samples for just $15 a month.
|opening this was like Christmas morning ...
Since the box varies from month to month, subscribers are treated to a vast variety of products (some full sized, like the bars), allowing you to see what products work (and taste) best without having to commit to purchasing, and possibly wasting, a full-sized container. It's kind of a brilliant idea.
But, is it worth your $15?
Yes and No. And here's why ...
- If you are on a budget and don't know what endurance nutrition products you like, then Kona Kase is a great choice. You get quite a bit for your money and you will eventually find your perfect nutrition products.
- If you are like to try new things and like variety, the Kona Kase would be a monthly bundle of happiness. Personally, I had heard of, but never tried anything in my Kona Kase. Some of it, I hadn't even heard of.
- If you are interested, but not ready to commit. This goes for both Kona Kase and the samples in the box. You can cancel your Kona Kase subscription at any time, with no penalty. And since you are only getting samples of the products, you won't be left with unfinished containers sitting in your pantry. It's really a win-win.
- You really like getting mail. If you love getting packages and are willing to spend $15 a month to do so, then Kona Kase would be an awesome surprise each month.
- If you have food allergies or intolerances, then skip Kona Kase for now. Currently, you can not customize your box in any way, which means that there is the possibility that you could get a Kona Kase filled with products you can't try. However, check back in the future as the company is hoping to offer customization a few months down the line.
- If you know what you like and what works for you. If you have your nutrition plan set, you probably don't need a subscription. I mean, it's likely that you've tried pretty much everything out there anyway.
Disclaimer: I received Kona Kase free of charge. However, the opinions stated here are entirely my own.