Bike Miles Rode: 107.3 miles
Swim Meters Completed: 17362m or 10.79 miles
Rest Days Taken: 5
Highest Run Mileage Week: 9/24-9/30: 33.6 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 9/24-9/30: 35.2 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 9/10-9/16: 8800m or 5.36 miles
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 3
Current Book: Right now, I am reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. She's also known as The Bloggess. You've probably heard of her. She's freaking hilarious. I also finished a few books this month including:
- Mockingjay by Collins
- The Blood Sugar Solution by Hyman
- Bread is the Devil by Bauer
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Gluten Free Eating by Adamson
- How to Look Hot in a Minivan by Min
- Special Diets for Special Kids by Lewis
And last night, I pierced my tongue (or really re-pierced). Yeah, I'm 30 acting like I am 18. I'm cool with it. And I don't really care what anyone thinks about it.
Current Colors: Charcoal Gray and Yellow
Current Drink: Water, water and more water ...
Current Song: It's Time - Imagine Dragons
Current Triumph: Making the dietary changes to help myself feel more like myself. And yesterday, I ran a comfortable 5K in 23:55. Not a PR, but pretty solid for not pushing it.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And to not to gain a zillion pounds while at Walt Disney World this week.
Current Blessing: Generally, I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful for that. I don't take anything for granted. Not even for a second.
Current Excitement: One word. DISNEY. Yup, I am a big kid.
|How we told the girls about our trip ...|
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. I'm crushing this one.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of October 1, 3532.9 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts). - Next opportunity, October 14 - Seaside Half Marathon
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past. - Rocked that. Finished 3rd Athena!
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - I've been killing this. But, apparently my scale doesn't care.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of October 1, 15 desserts consumed. I need to just face the facts with this one.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK