2012 Total Run Miles: 937.3
Bike Miles Rode: 52.4. Again with the forced rest ...
2012 Total Bike Miles: 3036.65
Swim Meters Completed: 4500 meters or 2.8 miles
2012 Total Swim Miles: 109.48 or 176,190 meters
Rest Days Taken: 18. That whole antibiotic which might cause tendon rupture was kind of a bummer.
Highest Run Mileage Week: 12/4-12/30: 20.65 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 12/24-12/30: 20.6 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 12/24-12/30: 2400 meters or 7.5 miles
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 0. Second month in a row. I'm currently building my run base again.
Current Book: Right now, I am waiting for the library to open so I can pick up the books I have on hold. However, I was a reading machine this month, finishing all of the following. (Note: For those of you who have asked, if it's on this or any of my lists, I would recommend the book. If I don't like the story or the book doesn't grasp my attention, I don't bother finishing it, thus it wouldn't be listed here.)
- Wheat Belly by Davis
- I am Number Four by Lore
- The Power of Six by Lore
- The Rise of Nine by Lore
- Divergent by Roth
- Insurgent by Roth
- Delirium by Oliver
- Erasing Time by Hill
- The Fault in Our Stars by Green
Current Colors: Charcoal Gray and Orange
Current Drink: Hot tea with a touch of sugar and creamer.
Current Song: Home - Phillip Phillips. Apparently, I am late to the game ...
Current Triumph: I'm feeling really good about 2012 overall. The positives far outweighed the negatives and I'm confident I am going to roll that momentum right into 2013.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And tackle my 2013 To Do List head on.
Current Blessing: Health, happiness and love. I've got all three.
Current Excitement: I'm headed to Colorado in just over three weeks and my 31st birthday is 37 days away!
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. I'm rocked this one.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of December 31st, 4083.43 miles completed.
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17. - FAIL. I didn't even run a 10K.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts). - FAIL. Better luck in 2013.
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past. - Rocked that. Finished 3rd Athena!
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK. I am a CrossFit Monster!
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - CHECK. I did pretty well with this, although it's an ongoing challenge. I did however find out what foods don't work with my body and have effectively removed them.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of December 31st, 17 consumed. Can you freaking believe it?
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK. This seems so easy now.
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK. No more credit cards or credit card debt for us!
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK. Although, I feel like I could probably do this again in 2013.
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK
Wow what a year for you. So many miles!!!! Great job! Erica
I like how you make it a to-do list!
Ha, when I read this, I'm loving "Home" too!! You're not the only one late in the game. I wondered why I haven't heard it before this month, at least I know I'm not the only one!
Sounds like you rocked your list this year!
Post a Comment