Thursday, January 3, 2013

Three Things Thursday ...

Active Kids - The other day, I told the girls that they can run on the treadmill whenever they like. They were all game. Unfortunately for Dilly, I had to inform her that at the ripe old age of three, I wasn't going to let her partake in the fun. To say she was upset is an understatement. If she can't do it, she doesn't want her sisters to do it either. In fact, this conversation happened yesterday ...

Doodle: Mom, I want to run.
Dilly: It's not a very good day to run outside.
Doodle: Well, I am going to run on the treadmill.
Dilly: It's not a very good day to run on the treadmill.
Doodle: Everyday is a good day to run on the treadmill.

I couldn't help but smile. Within seconds of that conversation, Doodle had put on her sneakers and was ready to run. So, being a completely normal mom/blogger, I grabbed my camera and interviewed her while she ran. I think it's pretty funny. Especially the part where you get to see that she is running in a black and pink sparkle dress.


Yeah, she's kind of a big deal.

La, La, La - Dizzle also ran yesterday. She, however, does not share Doodle's enthusiasm, which is a shame considering she has perfect form. Like Ryan Hall perfect form. Where Doodle would run all day, I have to convince Dizzle that she's not going to die just because her legs are a little sore.

Dizzle's passion lies not in athletics, but performance. Just the other day, we were talking about people's innate strengths and she told me, "I must have been born to sing and dance."

Truth be told, she's probably right.

Last week, she wrote a song. Then I asked her to sing it. It was kind of awesome.

Click HERE to see it. (For some reason I can get both videos to embed in one post.)
Um, yeah, she's seven.

Pimples? - Two nights ago, when I was putting Dilly to bed, she kept taking her reading light and shining it in my eyes. After a couple cycles of shining and removing the light, she said the following to me.

"Mommy, your pimples are getting really big."

No, Dilly, they're not. I think you mean pupils.

5 comments:

giraffy said...

Your kids are hysterical.

Watch those pimples.

Karen said...

Too cute! I love that you were testing her on fractions while she was running. :)

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I think she has your fashion sense on the race course! Look good and run hard!!

Anonymous said...

Pimples, pupils...lol, its all the same..ha ha ha...too cute! Your little ones are ADORABLE!

Becka said...

Ok, I just let the videos play. OMG your girls are so precious. I love dinnertime crazies, and just cracked up with why do my nostrils whisper to meeeeeeeee