Thursday, March 24, 2011

3TT: Things I Love ...

I have been fortunate enough to test out some really great gear (and some less than great gear, but that's not the point). And I thought it would be fun, to share some of the things I fell in love with during this marathon cycle ...

1. Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones from H2O Audio:

The people at H2O Audio sent a few items from their product line to test out including the AWESOME Capture Waterproof Case for my iPod HERE (think swimming with your iPod) and the Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones.

Don't they look good on me?

The Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones are full of features. They are:
  • 100% Waterproof - H2O Audio's patented waterproof technology allows headphones to withstand heavy perspiration, rinsing after active use, and submersion to 12ft/3.6m underwater.
  • Personalized Fit - Includes 5 sets of Elastomer earplugs (XS-XL) to ensure a waterproof seal and comfortable fit while swimming, running, and working out.
  • Hydrodynamic Design - Ergonomic sheared shape sits flush with the ear and is designed to promote proper alignment of the earbud with the ear canal for superior sound and less drag in or out of the water.
  • Improved Bass Amplified Sound - The latest waterproof technology delivers improved bass quality, while sound-isolating, watertight earplugs provide warm sound and dynamic bass response powered by Surge 2G’s waterproof 8mm neodymium drivers.
  • Sports Performance - Precision engineered and individually tested to deliver high quality fit, function, and durability for long-lasting performance.
Personally, I love these headphones for two reasons.

1. They are WATERPROOF and I sweat A LOT. I have damaged numerous sets of headphones (and three iPods) due to moisture. The Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones are still working after a super-sweaty 22 mile, making me believe they can handle anything I throw at them.

2. They come with FIVE (5) sets of earplugs. You are guaranteed to find the right fit. Even if that means wearing two different sizes (like I do).

For more information on the Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones and all of H2O Audio's products, you can click HERE.

2. The Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve and Infinity LD Short by Pearl iZUMi:

A few weeks back, Scott and Devon from OutsidePR hooked me up with some sweet gear from their client Pearl iZUMi, including the Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve, Infinity LD Short and the Streak II, which I gushed about HERE.

Let me just say, the Pearl iZUMi apparel line is fantastic. Lightweight and comfortable, these pieces have easily worked their way into my Spring clothing rotation.

Here's what Pearl iZUMi has to say about the Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve :

The lightweight Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve features our innovative In-R-Cool technology to cool the body while you exercise and allows for full body UV protection.
  • ELITE Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool® technology provides superior skin cooling and moisture management when you perspire
  • Direct-Vent panels provide superior ventilation
  • 8" zipper for venting
  • Reflective elements for low-light visibility
And the Infinity LD Short:

The Infinity LD Short features a full Minerale, liner which dries 50% faster than regular performance polyesters. The lightweight outer shell has a longer inseam and external pockets.
  • ELITE Transfer fabric is lightweight and provides superior moisture transfer
  • Smooth front panel with elasticized sides and back with stretch draw cord for superior comfort and fit
  • Two hook and loop and two zippered pockets
  • Fully-integrated Float liner uses Transfer fabric with Minerale, which provides optimal moisture transfer, faster dry time and odor absorption
  • 5"inseam [size medium]
  • Reflective elements for low-light visibility
I can not speak highly enough about these pieces, especially the Infinity LD Short (I know, you're shocked).

I am a skirt-runner through and through, but I LOVE these shorts. They are comfortable (I wear a medium), wicked cute, did not bunch or cause chaffing and have AMPLE pocket space. And as shocking as this might sound, if I had tried these shorts before I started wearing skirts, I don't think I would have made the switch. And I'd probably own 30 pairs of them.

To learn more about the Pearl iZUMi line, click HERE.

3. Pace Bands and MyName Bibs from Races2Remember:

Races2Remember sent me three pace bands (for National) and a MyName bib to test out. I opted for 3:58, 4:00 and 4:05 pace bands, each with my favorite phrase - "Runner First" across the top as motivation.

For the race on Saturday, I will be wearing both the 3:58 and the 4:05 bands in hopes of staying on target for my SUPER HUGE UBER GOAL, and not just my "walk away happy" goal of a 30 minute PR. Knowing that pacing has been an issue for me in the past, I'm hoping that seeing where I "should" be will help me from pushing too hard too soon ...

And then there's the MyName Bib. These personalized bibs can be customized with pictures, colors, and phrases, but I opted to keep it simple. I wanted something that would match any outfit in my wardrobe.

I'll wore this at the Disney Princess Half and will be wearing it at National as well, making it even easier to spot me.

You can check out all of Races2Remember's products HERE.

Do you have any new favorites you want to share?

Note: I was sent these products to test for free, but the opinions are all my own.

21 comments:

Running Ricig said...

I'm loving your outfit in the third picture! You look cute (I always look slightly like a disaster running. Never cute!).

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

LOVE these reviews!! I've been searching for headphones that won't slip out of my ears when they get totally sweaty. The ones you reviewed sound PERFECT. I will definitely be checking them out. The shorts are super cute. I especially liked that you said they did not chaffe and that the description of them said they have a longer inseam. They sounds awesome. And, I look like somewhat of a hooker when I wear a jogging skirt (my legs are just too long and they end up looking like a micro-mini on me) so a good pair of shorts is a must ( : Thanks for all the good info!

Anonymous said...

So strange seeing you in shorts, but they look awesome...any chance of getting a better view of you in these shorts? (as in a head on pic, instead of from up above.) I'd love to check them out.

Jen said...

I want your life. I am super jealous. I want those water proof stuff for swimming.

Run with Jess said...

Love the pace bands!
Interested in those ear buds... do they stay in your ears? When I run, the chord always sticks to my sweaty skin, pulling buds out of my ears. I simply can't get around wearing the over-the-head kind in order to keep them on.

Cat B. said...

I guess I'm not as hard-core as you...what do you do with a pace band?

Anonymous said...

I just heard about those pacebands yesterday and am IN LOVE with them. I have already purchased (or rather, planning on purchasing them) for my race on 5/7!

And thanks for the link to the headphones - I sweat a ton too so this review was especially needed!

Silly Girl Running said...

Loving the shorts and those headphones look like sent right from heaven! Checking out their websites as we speak! :)

ihaverun said...

Those pace bands are great! I can't wait for the after report on how you like them!

Marlene said...

Just seeing those pace bands makes me soooo excited for you. MASSIVE PR coming up. Stay smart in the beginning and it's yours.

I definitely need to look into those waterproof headphones!!!

Emz said...

loving the gear.

love the outfit for sure!!

Rene' said...

love the pace bands. wore them at the Worcester Half and had my fastest half (1:52) that i have had this year.
i can't picture you in the shorts....you are my skirt idol, but i love that you love them.
xoxoxo! good luck this weekend!!!i think 3:58 is where you are at!!!

Danielle said...

You look so put together in your outfits. LOVE Pearl iZUMi.

Unknown said...

Might have to check out those shorts. I only wear skirts because I get bad chub rub

SupermomE13 said...

I am glad you like the earbuds! I just ordered some in GREEN for my birthday. :)

And the shorts are cute! I have never tried shorts like that... I like the compression/tight shorts. I may have to try a pair.

Unknown said...

i may need to check out those shorts for myself. :-)

Julie D. said...

cool products. You will kill it. 3:58 is YOURS.

Becka said...

Intrigued by those headphones!! I had ONE pair of yurbuds that worked and when those wore out I went through another couple pairs that never seemed to work right. I desperately want some less bulky headphones. Hope to see you in DC!

Keri said...

oh my gosh, I love those shorts! I have been looking for a pair of gray shorts. Thanks for sharing! Sorry I haven't been by in awhile...I have been reading in google reader!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Love races2remember!

Pretty sure you don't need the 4:05 band but what ev....make 3;58 YOURS!

Unknown said...

That gear looks great. I might have to try out the shorts! :)

I know that you won't read this before the race, but thinking about you and hoping it goes great... I'm sure it will!