1. Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones from H2O Audio:
The people at H2O Audio sent a few items from their product line to test out including the AWESOME Capture Waterproof Case for my iPod HERE (think swimming with your iPod) and the Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones.
Don't they look good on me?
The Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones are full of features. They are:
- 100% Waterproof - H2O Audio's patented waterproof technology allows headphones to withstand heavy perspiration, rinsing after active use, and submersion to 12ft/3.6m underwater.
- Personalized Fit - Includes 5 sets of Elastomer earplugs (XS-XL) to ensure a waterproof seal and comfortable fit while swimming, running, and working out.
- Hydrodynamic Design - Ergonomic sheared shape sits flush with the ear and is designed to promote proper alignment of the earbud with the ear canal for superior sound and less drag in or out of the water.
- Improved Bass Amplified Sound - The latest waterproof technology delivers improved bass quality, while sound-isolating, watertight earplugs provide warm sound and dynamic bass response powered by Surge 2G’s waterproof 8mm neodymium drivers.
- Sports Performance - Precision engineered and individually tested to deliver high quality fit, function, and durability for long-lasting performance.
- So far so good Review by Schwimer
I had a pair of Surge buds but one of the sides went out this summer so I bought the new ones. They have the same earplugs as the old ones so I got the Fit Kit too to try some different earplugs. The bud shape is way more streamlined in my ear and doesn't seem to drag in the water. The fit kit had couple of different sizes that worked perfect for me. They sound just as good as the old ones too. Like the other review the cord is pretty stiff. I think they could use a softer cable and this would be perfect. (Posted on 10/8/10)
- Great bass but need a carrying case. Review by MCCT
The Surge 2G have great bass and clarity.The bass of the surge 2g certainly make your money worth. No issues with the sound quality and I am very happy with it.
I own a Monster Jamz that cost about 119 and have them side by side for comparison.
Sometimes, certain notes produced by the surge appears so sharp that it sounded rough to the ears. The jamz make the same sound more 'sweet' to the ears.
One downside is that the wire of the surge 2g is very stubborn and have the tendency to curl . It sure takes some time for it to straighten.
I think h2o audio should include a pouch to store the headphones or rather sell a carrying case as leaving the headphones in the open is very messy.
(first to comment, yay!) (Posted on 10/7/10)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
1. They are WATERPROOF and I sweat A LOT. I have damaged numerous sets of headphones (and three iPods) due to moisture. The Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones are still working after a super-sweaty 22 mile, making me believe they can handle anything I throw at them.
2. They come with FIVE (5) sets of earplugs. You are guaranteed to find the right fit. Even if that means wearing two different sizes (like I do).
For more information on the Surge 2G Waterproof Headphones and all of H2O Audio's products, you can click HERE.
2. The Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve and Infinity LD Short by Pearl iZUMi:
A few weeks back, Scott and Devon from OutsidePR hooked me up with some sweet gear from their client Pearl iZUMi, including the Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve, Infinity LD Short and the Streak II, which I gushed about HERE.
Let me just say, the Pearl iZUMi apparel line is fantastic. Lightweight and comfortable, these pieces have easily worked their way into my Spring clothing rotation.
Here's what Pearl iZUMi has to say about the Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve :
The lightweight Infinity In-R-Cool Long Sleeve features our innovative In-R-Cool technology to cool the body while you exercise and allows for full body UV protection. More Info +
- ELITE Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool® technology provides superior skin cooling and moisture management when you perspire
- Direct-Vent panels provide superior ventilation
- 8" zipper for venting
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
The Infinity LD Short features a full Minerale, liner which dries 50% faster than regular performance polyesters. The lightweight outer shell has a longer inseam and external pockets. More Info +
- ELITE Transfer fabric is lightweight and provides superior moisture transfer
- Smooth front panel with elasticized sides and back with stretch draw cord for superior comfort and fit
- Two hook and loop and two zippered pockets
- Fully-integrated Float liner uses Transfer fabric with Minerale, which provides optimal moisture transfer, faster dry time and odor absorption
- 5"inseam [size medium]
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
I am a skirt-runner through and through, but I LOVE these shorts. They are comfortable (I wear a medium), wicked cute, did not bunch or cause chaffing and have AMPLE pocket space. And as shocking as this might sound, if I had tried these shorts before I started wearing skirts, I don't think I would have made the switch. And I'd probably own 30 pairs of them.
To learn more about the Pearl iZUMi line, click HERE.
3. Pace Bands and MyName Bibs from Races2Remember:
Races2Remember sent me three pace bands (for National) and a MyName bib to test out. I opted for 3:58, 4:00 and 4:05 pace bands, each with my favorite phrase - "Runner First" across the top as motivation.
For the race on Saturday, I will be wearing both the 3:58 and the 4:05 bands in hopes of staying on target for my SUPER HUGE UBER GOAL, and not just my "walk away happy" goal of a 30 minute PR. Knowing that pacing has been an issue for me in the past, I'm hoping that seeing where I "should" be will help me from pushing too hard too soon ...
And then there's the MyName Bib. These personalized bibs can be customized with pictures, colors, and phrases, but I opted to keep it simple. I wanted something that would match any outfit in my wardrobe.
I'll wore this at the Disney Princess Half and will be wearing it at National as well, making it even easier to spot me.
You can check out all of Races2Remember's products HERE.
Do you have any new favorites you want to share?
Note: I was sent these products to test for free, but the opinions are all my own.