Friday, May 13, 2011

feeling MOSTLY good ...

Yesterday was rough. After being out of bed for about an hour, I was hit with hardcore nausea. I couldn't eat or move without getting sick. I'm sure I looked "less than well" to the people around me. Plus, I stink. I can't shower until 4 p.m. today and trust me, I am a hot mess.

But, at lunchtime yesterday, J brought me home anti-nausea medication. And within a few hours, I was a new person. I could get up and move. I could eat. I wasn't miserable.

Today has been even better. Although, I'm still rather grubby.

No nausea.

No need for pain medicine. (It's been 31 hours since I took any.)

My appetite, which has been lacking since my crash 13 days ago, is back.

Yes, I am sore. But, no more than pre-surgery.

And yes, I need more rest (I'm not an idiot).

No, it's not easy to do most tasks.

And no, I don't miss my run. The thought of how painful it would be to run is enough to keep my cravings at bay.

All in all, two days out from surgery, I am highly optimistic of a quick return. I'm thinking all the positive energy floating around me is going to help with that.

18 comments:

Jen said...

Praying for you. I know this is tough, but great attitude... now how is that attitude the rest of the day?

Mr. Postman should be bringing something soon!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Sounds like you're doing REALLY well for two days out.

Glad to hear it!

track coach and adorable wife said...

I am glad everything went well and you are able to eat again! Life with no food just sucks! And I can smell you from here, ow wait, that's me!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

So glad to hear things are progressing well. You look like a whole new person today. Praying it continues!

Jennifer Spadafora said...

Even after major surgery, you look fantastic. Not to mention, anyone that can rock a Boston Red Sox hat wins in my book. Hope your recovery is quick and painless. You'll be hitting the pavement in no time.

Marlene said...

You look even more bad ass with that massive bandage on your shoulder! I can't wait to see your scar.

Take it easy so you're back to 100% SOON!

Kayla said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!! Hope you have a quick recovery!

kimert said...

Glad you are feeling well. You look fabulous!

Carrie said...

So Glad to hear you are on the mend. Happy anti-nausea medicine!

Unknown said...

I figured you felt the love when Blogger took time off (just for you!) so you didn't feel pressured to post during your recovery!

SupermomE13 said...

So glad you are doing well. I knew you would!! Hope the rest of the recovery goes as quickly and smoothly.

Running Ricig said...

glad you're feeling better, and at least we can't smell you through the internet (p.s. babywipes help :))

N.D. said...

glad you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

I see a lot of post-op shoulder patients, including ones w/ your diagnosis, and your attitude is going to be SO wonderful once you start therapy.

Hoping the rest of your recovery goes smoothly! Let me know if you have any questions!

juanitagf said...

Things will keep getting better as you take care of yourself!

a runners' life said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Monica said...

Make sure you are being pampered!! Take full advantage of this! :) May your recovery be quicker then expected!

Katie said...

sounds like you are cheering up! and pain meds make me puke too, yuk. keep healing quickly!