Wednesday, May 18, 2011

baby steps ...

Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but I kind of worked out yesterday.

I know what you're thinking, "TMB, could you be more of a dumba**?"

And the answer is yes. Yes, I could.

Seriously. It's not like I put on a wicked cute skirt and sock combo and hit the track for some speed work. And, although I did break a sweat, it was mainly due to the 80 degree temperatures and not my intensity. I promise, I DID NOT PUSH IT.

But I did WALK two miles. In 35 minutes. (Obviously, I breaking into the speed-walking circuit.)

And I *might* have ran 100 feet. In the pouring rain. From my doctor's office to my car. Only 5180 feet more and I'll be at a mile. (Note: My shoulder DID NOT HURT.)

I'm calling it a success. And maybe after my follow-up appointment tomorrow, I'll jump on my bike trainer. Just because I can.

It's all about baby steps, people. Baby steps ...

P.S. Have you voted today? If you think that Racing With Babes belongs in Circle of Moms Top 25 Health and Fitness Mom Blogs, please consider doing so by clicking HERE.

19 comments:

Beth said...

Thats great! Whatever keeps you moving and pain free is good in my book!

Null said...

It's going to keep getting better from here on out. Glad the surgery went well!

Jen said...

Yes... baby steps please... thinking first steps, not "cruising" baby steps.

Praying for continued healing!

Running Ricig said...

Walking never hurt anyone right?

Michelle said...

Sending healing thoughts your way! Glad you were able to expel some energy though - I totally get how going from 60 to 0 would make you have a need to get out!

Andi Fitz said...

Hey, you don't know me, but I just voted for you! I have recently added you to my blog roll. I just started a blog about a month or so ago and was wondering if you could check it out and add it to your blogroll if you like it? The address is www.runlearnrepeat.com. (I think this comment will bring you to my family blog, but there is a link to my running blog on there.) Thanks!

Chunky Monkey said...

Do what feels good for you. congrats on a good post-injury workout.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I voted..again :) Hope you are given the go ahead to work out soon, but do listen to your body!

Raquelita said...

Sounds like you're being smart about your recovery. I hope the appointment goes well!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I love babysteps. They help me through the tough times.

http://www.momshomerun.blogspot.com

MotherRunner said...

Woo! Progress. That's fantastic. Can't wait to join the ranks of the injury-free with you! :)

SupermomE13 said...

As long as you aren't hurting or over-doing it, I say go for it. :) Hope the follow up appointment goes well!!

Unknown said...

I've voted... :)

I'm secretly not surprised... you know your body better than anyone!

Runners Fuel said...

baby steps are a great thing!

Kara said...

Walking is a great healer, it gets the blood flowing :)

ajh said...

Keep moving forward with your healing.

MCM Mama said...

Great job keeping it to just baby steps. You'll really building back up before you know it, so enjoy these easier days.

Twila said...

Glad you are doing better! You have such a great attitude about the whole thing.

Cari Mugz said...

Yay for baby steps..