"Gotein - Protein to Go (available in Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry), helps refuel the body, and improves lean muscle mass while burning fat. Perfect for the sports minded person that needs to perform at their best while exercising or playing a high energy sport. Drink approximately 1/3 of a 16.9 fl. oz water. Add complete packet of Gotein to your water bottle, swirl and shake well until completely dissolved and enjoy a tasty, low carb shake!"
I have to admit that I was hesitant to try it. I know what I like and I'm not generally a fan of powder mixed with water. I really don't even like my hot chocolate to be made with water. And if we are being honest, I was afraid that the Gotein might taste chalky or something. But, after much internal debate, I gave it a go.
I just grabbed a packet.
Poured it into about 12 oz of water (Gotein recommends drinking 1/3 of a 16.9 oz bottle of water, then mixing).Swirled, then let Doodle shake.
And drank up. Easy peasy.
So, what did I think?
- Gotein is super convenient. Since every packet is one serving, all you need is water and you are all set.
- Low calorie and high protein. All three flavors are 110 calories or less and contain 24 vitamins and minerals. Both the vanilla and strawberry flavors have 17 g of protein, while the chocolate has 16 g.
- It didn't have a chalky taste/consistency. The powder mixed quite well with the water and the flavor reminded me of Carnation Instant Breakfast, that my mom used to give me as a kid.
- My kids LOVED it. I literally had to rip the water bottle out of their hands. And I would much prefer them drinking this to a milkshake.
- Gotein is pricey. Each serving comes in at just over $2.00. Not something I would buy on a regular basis.
- I love my food too much to drink my calories. Unless circumstances prevailed, I would choose food over a supplement.
- I wasn't a fan of the strawberry flavor. Just not my cup of tea.
1. Become a follower of this blog and leave a comment.
2. Become a Facebook fan of Racing with Babes HERE and leave a comment.
3. Become a Facebook fan of Gotein HERE and leave a comment
4. Repost this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or Twitter and leave a comment.
Entries will be accepted until Sunday, July 3rd. Winner will be randomly selected and announced on Monday, July 4th.
And while you're entering giveaways, be sure to enter my NYC Marathon Raffle HERE. There are 15 great prizes to be won and every donation helps me reach my goal.
*I was provided this product for free to review, but the opinions are all my own.