Wednesday, June 22, 2011

we run this world ...

So, if there was a bible of running, it would probably be Runner's World.

Think about it, have you ever met a runner who hasn't at least glanced at it's pages? Personally, I have the last three years worth of issues stacked neatly in my living room. When I have a question, Runner's World is where I go. When I am looking for a race or new gear, I can usually find it somewhere on those pages. And when I dream about the day when I cut two hours off my marathon time and qualify for the Olympics, it's not a Wheaties box I envision myself on. It's the cover of Runner's World.

OK, so maybe that last one isn't likely to happen, but that doesn't mean I can't get my Runner's World glory. (And I'm not talking about the fact that G and I are on first name basis with Sarah Bowen Shea and that Bart Yasso loves our socks - Yes, I just name dropped. That's how I roll).

Anyway, back to my point - Runner's World glory.

Well, as you may recall from this post HERE, Sarah Bowen Shea, (co-author of Run Like A Mother: The Book) wrote an article on running fashion for the August issue of Runner's World and the magazine was looking for photographs to go along with it.

When I got the email from SBS, I knew I had to submit some of my favorite shots, not only because I think I am a total SOCK Runner (Stylish and Obviously Completely Kicka** Runner), but because I knew G was being featured in the article. Yeah, my BFF is cool like that and I kind of figured that nothing would be cooler than BOTH of us sharing Runner's World glory.

So, I sent my shots in and waited. The next day, I had shoulder surgery and just as the drugs were wearing off, I checked my email to find this in the subject line:

Runner's World Photo Shoot

Commence freak out. I nearly crapped my pants.

I mean, seriously, how many people can say, "I was featured in Runner's World. In a cover story."? Not a lot. (Well, other than G and Katye - I submitted a picture of the two of us).

And it gets even better. Not only did Runner's World send a photographer to take my picture, but they wanted Dizzle and Doodle in the photos too.

Commence second freak out. They nearly crapped their pants.

How the heck did this become my life?

Honestly, I don't really care how it happened. I'm just thankful that it's happening and that I get to share the spotlight with my kids and my friends. Trust me, I am going to eat up my 15 minutes of fame. Oh, and when the August issue of Runner's World hits newsstands, Dizzle is ready to autograph your copy ...

56 comments:

Unknown said...

ROCK STAR Status!

Can't wait to see you, your crew and your fly socks in the pages of RW!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Jen said...

AWESOME... cannot wait to read it.

Anne said...

Congrats T!! You are definitely a "Sockstar"! :)

Can't wait to see the article!

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Commence my total freak out over your awesome news. And now I will be bragging about you to all my friends :-) congrats - you SO deserve this honor! I can't wait for the august issue to show up at my doorstep :o)

Unknown said...

That is so cool. Can't wait to read it.

Michelle said...

How cool is that!?! Amazing! Congratulations! Can't wait for that one!

bobbi said...

I can't think of anyone more deserving of the SOCK runner title, than you guys. Awesome - can't WAIT to read it!

Silly Girl Running said...

Autograph? Please? :)

racing dawn said...

So fun!!! Can't wait to see the issue!!!

Lucy said...

That is beyond awesome!!! Can't wait to see the issue!

fancy nancy said...

So awesome! The girls must be through the roof! Can't wait to see it!

Jesser said...

Awesome!! Incredible!! And so fun!! Can't wait to see, and of course I'm just a weeee bit jealous! ;)

Running Ricig said...

SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

Cat B. said...

Love it!! When I saw that SBS call out I thought of you for it too...not me! I'm so glad I renewed my subscription, can't wait to tell people I 'know' someone in RW!!!

Laura said...

Awesome...awesome! Can't wait to read it.

Karen said...

Congratulations! I can't think of anything much more exciting :) What a great memory for your kids too!

Rachel said...

OH MY WORD. That is amazing.. I am a little star struck that I have met you anyway and now you are in Runners World... amazing!! Can't wait to pick up that issue!

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

VERY COOL! Runners world is a great magazine! Gratz!

Unknown said...

This is so great! And we get the August copy around the first of July! Can't wait to check it out.

Michelle said...

Now that's cool! Can't wait to see it!

justme said...

oh my love love love this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

That is beyond cool.

Amy said...

Congrats! I'll be standing by the mailbox waiting for my copy! Can't wait to see it!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

I'm so excited! Can't wait to see it!

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

awesome! can't wait to see it!!

Jen Feeny said...

That's so awesome!!! Congrats girl!

BigHappyFamily said...

Promise me you'll wear your red sox outfit?

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

This is BEYOND awesome.

Carin@MRD said...

That's totally awesome!

Kayla said...

Wahoo!!! I CAN'T wait for that issue!! That is so awesome!

Marlene said...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!

Runners Fuel said...

That is so awesome!! Can't wait!!

SupermomE13 said...

So cool and SO FUN! I will definitely send you and the girls my copy to be autographed. :) You guys are awesome!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love that the included the girls!! I have no doubt that you (and G and K) will continue to inspire many more runners to take up the SOCK attitude in their fitness pursuits!

I'll remember my copy next time I can head a little east for some autographs!

Anonymous said...

So cool!

I knew you way back "when."

:)

Julie D. said...

So freaking cool!!! Can't wait to get my autographed copy from both of you!!!

Running Diva Mom said...

FANTASTIC NEWS -- AWESOME!

EricaH said...

Congrats on your RW debut, I'll be on the lookout for my aug issue. and a second Congratulations on making th Nuun HTC team :)

ajh said...

Can't wait to see it. How many issues will you be buying?

Stephanie said...

WOOWW congrats!!!! that is awesome! i am way jealous. And i hear other congrats are in order too!

Alanna said...

Congrats on RW! That's so cool. But I'll tell you that in August in Seattle! Hooray for Team Nuun! :)

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Very cool! Congratulations!

The Jesse said...

woohoo, congrats!!!

Becka said...

That's so cool!! Congratulations!

Fruit Fly said...

LOVE this magazine! Can't wait to see you in it. I'll have to make sure this one stays safe, clean and crisp!

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

congrats on runner's world and HTC! Can't wait to meet you in person in august!

kelly said...

HUGE congrats. Runners world & HTC relay? You are rocking it! Can't wait to meet you in august... looking forward to getting to know you.

Anonymous said...

Thats so freaking awesome! :) I would love an autographed copy from Dizzle

justme said...

wait and i see you are a NUUN hood to coast ??? awesome week huh

Kerrie said...

Oh, that is so awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Holy cow... that's awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Average Woman Runner said...

OMG! How did I miss this!!!!!!!

YOU ARE MY IDOL!

Can't wait for the Aug issue!!!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

What a fantastic honor!! I'm looking forward to seeing you!!!

See Jane Run said...

You looked amazing -- like a true Jane!

Kate said...

i got it!!! we returned from vacay and i was laying on the bed last night and turned the page and said hey, i "know" her!!! wooo-hooo!!!! so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I just got my copy...I'm going to check it out. Very exciting!