Dizzle at one week old
Dizzle at five years old
Five years ago today, I became a mother. And in that instant, you changed my world in a way that I could never have imagined. I thank you for that. You have taught me lessons in parenting and a multitude of things about myself. I love you endlessly for everything you are and everything you will be. And today, on your fifth birthday, I want to give you a glimpse of who you are at this very moment.
1. You love all things girly. This is a shock to me. I'm so not that way. And although you can get dirty with the best of them, you much prefer to it while wearing a dress.
2. You are extremely strong-willed. This is less of a shock to me. You want what you want and will do most anything to make it happen. I love this about you. And I hate this about you. We often butt heads because neither of us want to give in.
3. You love being active. And are always looking for a competition. Whether it is dance, soccer, running or just goofing around in the yard, you are constantly on the move and are always ready to race.
4. You have erratic eating habits. Some days you are a bottomless pit. And other days, you eat nothing. Even if I make you exactly what you ask for. You love pizza, mac and cheese and fruit. You hate all things green. I pray that this changes.
5. You have an incredibly long attention span. If you find an activity you like, you are easily occupied for hours. You love to draw and paint and just be creative. You are passionate about it. And I love it.
6. You think you can outsmart me. But you can't. Your sneaky behaviors and pestering of your sisters does not go unnoticed. I am keeping tally. It will all come back to bite you one day. Consider yourself warned.
7. You love being my "twin." I know this won't last forever. One day, you will think I am uncool and will want nothing to do with me. So, I eat this up while I can.
8. You are drama, drama, drama. The littlest thing is like the end of the world to you. You think that whining will get you your way. I hope that you learn quickly that this is never going to fly. You might as well cut the drama now and save us all the trouble.
9. You are a daredevil. You will ride the biggest roller coasters and try almost anything. I love your sense of adventure.
10. At the same time, you are the biggest wimp. You freak out over bugs and water in your face. You cry if you think you are going to miss out on something. Dizzle, suck it up. You can handle more than you think.
11. You are crazy intelligent. Maybe a little bit too intelligent. It's getting hard to "sneak" things past you. And I don't like it.
12. You are beautiful both inside and out. You have more love than you know what to do with. I hope you stay that way forever.
13. You are just plain silly. Everything is a joke with you. You are constantly acting like a goofball. And when we add your sisters to the mix, things are just crazy.
14. You NEVER stop talking. Ever. Some days, I just want to put earplugs in.
15. You are loyal and caring and loving. You are a true friend and someone I am lucky to have in my life. I love you more that I will ever be able to express. And I am so proud to be your mom.
Happy 5th Birthday Dizzle!
Wonderful letter to your daughter.
Dizzle sounds a lot like me, minus the not eating part. I don't think I've ever missed a meal in my life! Haha. :-) And her baby picture looks a lot like me as a baby.
if you just want to change the name to little missy and age 4 you can forward that to me for her birthday they sound like the same person!!! But, they are both adorable where does five years go? Happy birthday dizzle!!!
Happy Birthday Dizzle! Wow 5!!!
Beautifully written mama!
Such a beautiful post about a beautiful little girl! Happy birthday to Dizzle!
I love that letter!! It makes me think of my own daughter who is only 2 ;)
wonderful, wonderful letter. i have a "Dizzle" who is 10 now. the drama never ends:) good luck and happy birthday Dizzle!!!
Sweet post. Happy 5th, Dizzle!!
she sounds like all-girl to me. Happy birthday
i love your birthay letters! Now we have to wait all the way to Dilly's next birthday for another!? Ahh! this is so sweet. And well she basically is your twin! A total miniT! "You love pizza, mac and cheese and fruit. You hate all things green. I pray that this changes."-unfortunately this never changed for me =/ oh and I wonder where she gets her sense of competitive?
birthday letters are the best!!
I STILL have mine from my mom! Such a wonderful idea.
Happy Birthday Dizzle!!!
Aww, happy birthday, Dizzle!
That was just so sweet! Dizzle sounds like someone I could totally hang with - that girl is going to go places!
Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing Tonia!
Happy 5th Birthday Dizzle! (and congrats on 5 years as a mom, each birthday for your oldest child is such a milestone for you!)
five years go by so fast!! Such a wonderful age. Happy Birthday Dizzle!!
Someone recently told me that it's important to write these letters to your kids now. When they are teens and you are having tough times (and everyone will) you pull out these letters to share with them and it can help smooth the way a bit. This is a great letter!
And I know I've said it again, but I am so impressed by how together you are/were at such a young age. If I had become a mother at that age, my kids would be a disaster!
She looks so like you!
Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!!
Happy birthday to your baby! She's beautiful.
What a wonderful letter! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!
Happy Birthday Dizzle! It's my birthday too!
Happy Birthday Dizzle!
Wonderful letter to her. (And just so you know, my daughter is knocking 9yrs old and the talk, well it still hasn't stopped. I'm thinking lobbyist or sportcaster???)
Enjoy 5. It is wonderful!
So sweet! Happy birthday Dizzle!
oh happy bday to your lovely lady! what a great mom you are :)
Too sweet! Happy Birthday to your Dizzle : )
Happy Birthday to Dizzle!!! And Congratulations to you momma! Wonderful letter!
Love it! Such an awesome, heartfelt letter to your little (aka 5yr old) one!
precious...she is so your twin.
A lot of this I would say about my own daughter. Great letter! :) Happy Birthday to your sweet Dizzle from me and my B-rizzle.
So cute! What a sweet letter :)
Happy Birthday Miss Dizzle!!
how sweet!I hope you print that out and put it in a scrapbook!
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!
What a beautiful, awesome little girl! Happy Birthday, Dizzle!
Simply beautiful and honest.
what a beautiful note to your little girl!
Happy Birthday, Dizzle
Aww...I LOVE this!
Post a Comment