Thursday, September 8, 2011

Three Things Thursday ...

Potty Training - Despite her initial hesitation, Dilly is rocking this whole potty training thing. Just one pee accident over the first two days, and even then, she "caught" herself. I can not express enough how ecstatic I am that this doesn't look like it's going to be a 7 month ordeal like it was with Doodle.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it, Dilly is working the system. She's peeing pretty much every five minutes or so, just to get the marshmellow "reward." Yeah, I'm being played. Now if I could only convince her that she's not going to get sucked into the toilet if she goes number two ...

Thunderstorms, revisited - After missing my run yesterday morning due to thunderstorms, I had to find the time to squeeze in my run little by little throughout the day. And that's exactly what I did. Between 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., I logged 8 miles over 5 runs with an average pace of 8:46. Apparently, trying to squeeze in a mile before someone freaks out will make you run fast. Also, it will prove that there is ALWAYS time to work out.

Virtual Race - In case you missed it yesterday, starting next week I will be hosting a Virtual 5K/10K. Entry will be open to anyone who has made a contribution to my NYC Marathon Fundraising (HERE). Plus, as an incentive, there will be some great prizes up for grabs from Everyday Endurance, Tommie Copper and Gu Energy. So, if you want to play along, now's the time to donate. Look for more details tomorrow.

8 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I am trying to potty train right now and boy is it proving to be quite the challenge!!! My little one will go if I put her on the potty but will deny ever actually needing to go! I've resorted to letting her wear my tiara from when I got married as a reward while she sits on the potty. This was after 1/2 a bag of M&Ms and a very hyper chickie!! Good luck!

Audrey J. said...

I just wanted to say I am SO excited to have found your blog!! I took the kids out with their bikes one day and just tried to get in as much speed work as I could. It actually worked...sprinting after them hauling ass down a hill, and watching my stopwatch to make sure I did at least a full one minute sprint each time. The best part was I was totally distracted by chasing them that I didn't hate the speed work. :) Ha, ha.

Unknown said...

When it comes to potty training, I say "whatever works". Yeah, she might be playing you a bit (you do have smart kids, after all), but she's still going potty. So, that is a good thing.

Seriously impressive on the run yesterday!

Unknown said...

Work that system! Love it!

Old She dragon said...

You can get little inserts for the toilet so that the 'hole' is smaller and they don't feel like they will fall in. We used to take ours with us if we went visiting .
We had a little step too so the little ones didn't need help unless they asked which can be quite a boost to their ego's.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I haven't tried offering rewards...I would have a fat kid if I did. I do offer peeing in the yard as incentive (I know that has already come back to bite me when he wants to pee in everyone's yard!). ;-)

I am impressed with your determination on getting those miles.

Marlene said...

Awesome news on the virtual race! Seriously, you are a fundraising CHAMP!

Great news on potty-training!

The Jesse said...

that's awesome potty training news! even if you are getting "played" --- kids are so smart :)

i'm excited for the virtual race!!!