The amazing EMZ tagged me for this "random things about me" post/game and I couldn't wait to play along. (Seriously, I was bummed every time I read one of these posts and I wasn't tagged ...)
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Here it goes ...
1. I may have once told my kids that I am allergic to dogs and cats, simply because I have allergies. This is only partially true. Both cats and dogs aggravate my allergies, but not so much that I can't be around them. The truth is, I really don't like cats and dogs and I really don't like animals living inside the home. Leading my kids to believe that I am allergic stops them from constantly asking me to get a pet. I'd rather them believe this lie than have to tell them no on a daily basis.
2. Although I haven't eaten meat for over a year, every once in a while I get the urge to take a bite of my kids' hot dogs. Odd, considering I don't really like hot dogs and they're not really meat ...
3. I can not resist sweets. The only strength I have against them is that I WILL NOT open the container they come in. For example, if we have a bag of M&M's, they will sit on the shelf for months. I won't touch them. But the second someone else opens the package, all bets are off. I'll probably eat them all in one sitting. The same is true for sweetened cereals, whipped cream, and nutella.
4. I am often praised for my organization and planning skills. And while I thrive on being "on top of things," it's really a curse. I can not shut my brain off. If I get even a few minutes of "down time," I can't help but obsess about what I needs to be cleaned, what could be better organized, what project I should be working on. It runs through my head from the moment I wake up until the moment I fall asleep.
5. I have never seen Star Wars. Or Indiana Jones. Or the Godfather.
6. When I was in high school, my parents set up a trip for me and my friends to visit the set of Dawson's Creek and meet the cast. IT.WAS.AWESOME. And my teenaged self bragged about it for years.
7. As a kid (elementary through high school), I played on traveling soccer and basketball teams, year-round. I have zero clue as to how my parents handled that. Having my own kids shows me that it is not only CRAZY expensive, but totally time consuming.
8. I have two tattoos. I got both of them within 18 months of turning 18. I have always wanted another one, but couldn't figure out what. Just last week, after almost 10 years of pondering, I finalized the design. But, it will probably be months, if not years, before I get it.
9. I firmly believe that adding chocolate or cheese makes anything taste better.
10. I sleep on the left side of the bed. I have for the last 10 years. Except when J is out of town. Then I sleep on his side of the bed.
11. I turn 30 in 13 days. Feel free to send gifts.
1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why? Love. For one, my treadmill is epic. Who wouldn't want to run on it? I also kind of loath running solo outdoors. If my friends are around, I'll take an outdoor run any day, but the thought of running a cold, dark run myself just makes me cringe.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Driven. Organized. Awesomesauce.
3. Describe your best friend. - I have 7 people I consider to be my best friends. Three of them are blood related and the others are my best friend from elementary school, middle school, college and adulthood. All of them are like sisters to me. They get me, even if they don't agree with me. They tell it to me straight and would do pretty much anything for me. Some of them are in my daily life and some I only see every few years. Regardless of how often we talk, I know I can count on them and that when we are together, we will have an amazing time.
4. Text or call? Call. I kind of hate to text. In fact, prior to June, I didn't even have it enabled on my phone.
5. Favorite place to eat? Chardonnay's. It's a restaurant in Seekonk, MA. Obviously, I don't get to eat there often.
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other? On my recruiting trip to Cornell University. I was 17 and J, who was a sophomore at the time, was my student guide for the day. He took me to class with him and on walking tour of the campus. After that, I didn't talk to him again for two and a half years. When we reunited, I knew pretty much instantly that I was going to be with him forever.
7. Do you buy lottery tickets? Nope. I hate the idea of spending money on the very slim chance that you might win some money.
8. The first thing you do in the morning - Pee.
9. Favorite recovery drink. - Nuun. I'm kind of obsessed.
10. If you could have any car in the world, which would you buy? Bugatti Veyron. Just kidding. I only said that so J would be impressed. I would probably get a Nissan Armada or Chevy Suburban. I have absolutely no problem driving around in a tank.
11. What do you collect? Christmas ornaments and coffee mugs.
1. Birthdays. Love them or hate them. Why?
2. Get your purse/gym bag: What are the first five things you pull out?
3. What is the one meal you can make better than anyone else?
4. You get one wish. No restrictions. What is it?
5. Cake or Pie?
6. What's your secret talent?
7. Early bird or night owl?
8. Biggest pet peeve?
9. What's your favorite weird food combination? (i.e. ice cream and pickles)
10. Which would you choose? No social media for a year or no working out for a month? Why?
11. What are you sending me for my birthday?
And now for the lucky few ...
G @ Neurosis of the Stay-at-Home Marathoner
Shannon @ Tough Chik
Tricia @ Endurance Isn't Only Physical
Jill @ Running to Sanity
Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run
H Love @ Keep On Keeping On
Jolene @ Journey of a Canuck Mom on the Run
Rachel @ Running Backwards in High Heels
Jess @ Pace of Me
Carrie @ Maine Mom on the Run
AJH @ Age Groups Rock
I LOVE Chardonnay's!!!! We are going there for my birthday this weekend! It's our celebration location.
3,4, and 10 are me. Totally me. It's almost creepy.. alright. I'm not gonna lie that being tagged in this kind of makes my morning..
<3 reading :-( I wasn't tagged!
Thanks for the tag and comment. I'll get to work on my answers!
I love this!! OMG!! I am totally driving down and making you watch Star Wars. I will do this when I bring your Lululemon gift card for your birthday. LOL!! It may not be until summer though.:) What a better way to meet you than to have me telling you to sit down and watch Star Wars. LOL!! Thanks for tagging me. I am totally posting today. Oh, and do you know why I moved to NC from Canada.......totally Dawson's Creek HUGE fan back then. Moved here in 2000 for good old Josh.
I will probably tell my kids the same lie about pets. Neither Jesse nor I like them!
Umm love Chardonnay's!! And can I just tell you how incredibly jealous I am that you got to go to Dawson's Creek??!!! Were you Team Pacey or Team Dawson??
#4 is totally me as well and I completely agree with #9 as well!
You haven't seen the Godfather???? ...let me make you an offer that you can't refuse.......
You mean you've never watch Star Wars more than once in a day, right?!? Oh, that's right, you have girls LOL We seem to have moved from Star Wars to Jurassic Park, so I'm sure Indiana Jones is next.
We are so different in so many ways. Maybe that's why I like you so much!
I was reading this in reader and had to stop what I was doing and come over here and ask if you were born just yesterday b/c that is the only way to explain not seeing Star Wars, Indiana Jones or The Godfather. No other explanation is acceptable.
#3 I am in total agreement with you. If it is there I can walk on by, but once its opened I feel like an explorer. Oh what is this? Oh yes, very good I'll come back for more.
What is a Bugatti whatever? You can tell I'm not a cars guy unless it is Cars with Mater and Lightning.
#3 is totally me.
Your and J's story is kind of awesome.
FUN! I've seen star wars but not I.J. or the G.F. I sleep on Ryan's side of the bed when he is gone too, cute.
and OMG, we need to see the Dawson's Creek photos!!!!! That is so cool!!!! (yes, even after all these years!!!!!)
Laughed at the pee first thing. Duh! Of course, doesn't everyone - a silly question.
I will get to this but it may be a bit. I now have a few tags on it so will do them all at once.
And glad to hear NCIS improves. If you have other tv series to recommend put them out there. Hey, that could be one of my questions!
Love these taggy games and all the fun acts they bring out. BRILLIANT making up a dog/cat allergy.
"I have never seen Star Wars. Or Indiana Jones. Or the Godfather."
Me neither! And people are always like, 'WHAT?' No interest...
Love these posts! Ummm...I have a problem with sweets too! AND, like you, if they are open I just can resist the urge to gobble them up!
#1 random fact is me... completely. I have allergies and my kids are CERTAIN I'm allergic. They bother me, but I could survive.
Post a Comment