Even better, my previous sprints have been pool swims of 300-400m, while this race is 750m in open water. So, what does that mean? Well, obviously, it's an instant PR. And I really like those.
The only downside to this whole thing is that it's looking like rain for Sunday morning. And if you've ever met me and my bike, you know that we have trust issues. And I trust TigerBlood even less in the rain.
School Woes - Dizzle and Doodle are mildly obsessed with going to school, which, as a total nerd, I love. I was the same way as a kid. In fact, I once made my mom drive me to school during a tropical storm, so that I could keep my perfect attendance that year. (Note: the school district had officially made school "optional" that day. As in, there would be no buses, but if you could get there you could go. It wasn't "optional" in my book.)
Anyway, they are completely rainbows and unicorns about the whole experience. Except when they're not.
Like yesterday, when Doodle cried because she did NOT have homework.
I guess my mentioning that Wednesdays are homework day in Kindergarten got her really excited and when the teacher didn't deliver, tears were shed.
I tried to console her and told her to go get a workbook and do a couple of exercises, but it was no good. She told me that was "fake homework."
Duh. I should have known that.
Break It Down - Dilly heads back to the ortho today to check on the status of her break.
|She freaking loves her cast ...
There are two things that annoy me about this ...
1. Our appointment is at 2:40 p.m., 25 minutes after I pickup of Dizzle and Doodle from school. The office is approximately 20 minutes from the school, which means that I am going to frantically rush over there. Then, since they are always running late, I'll have to wait (with 3 small children) for over an hour to be seen by the doctor.
2. Dilly's break was pretty severe. It went completely through the bone (think one bone in two pieces) and she only avoided surgery because the doctor in Rhode Island set it so well. And although miracles can happen, we (and her doctor) are pretty confident that three and a half weeks in a cast isn't going to be long enough to heal it completely. Despite knowing this, the ortho we go to ALWAYS removes the cast before taking a follow-up x-ray. Then, if the break isn't completely healed, they recast the injury. Do you see where I am going with this?
Apparently, they would rather torture my kid with a cast removal than take the x-ray with it on. (Note: you can take an x-ray with a cast in place. They did it multiple times after they set it in the ER.) I'm pretty sure they only follow this procedure to be able to charge you/your insurance for another cast. And casts aren't cheap. Trust me. We've been charged for five in the last three years ...