Bike Miles Rode: 248.4 miles
Swim Meters Completed: 17150m or 10.65 miles
Rest Days Taken: 7. Surprisingly low considering how off my training game I have been feeling.
Highest Run Mileage Week: 8/20-8/26: 27.25 miles
Highest Bike Mileage Week: 8/6-8/12: 86.1 miles
Highest Swim Volume Week: 8/6-8/12: 6650m or 4.15 miles
Long Runs Completed (10+ miles): 3
Current Book: The insane amount of traveling I did in August really cut down my reading time, but I did still manage to finish two and a half books of the Hunger Games Trilogy. Despite not seeing a preview for the movie prior to reading the first book (and totally having a different picture in my head), I so get what all the hype is about.
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Vampire Diaries. My sister and I just watched the entire third season over three days (obviously, I wasn't sleeping much). And now that we finished, I'm kind of ticked that I have to wait another month until season four begins.
Current Colors: Orange and Pink. Much like my current wrist wear ...
Current Drink: Grape, Banana, Lemon-Lime and Strawberry Lemonade Nuun. Can't get enough of that stuff ...
Current Song: Pound the Alarm - Nicki Minaj
Current Triumph: We survived summer and all the craziness that went with it. I learned what I can handle and what I can't. I came to appreciate that you don't have to do something just because you can. Reaching your goals shouldn't be at the detriment of others. Sometimes, you have to be realistic about the sacrifices you make and how they affect those around you.
Current Goal: Be a better me. Each and every day. And to crush my sprint triathlon this upcoming weekend ...
Current Blessing: Generally, I feel like my whole life is one big blessing and I am entirely grateful for that. I don't take anything for granted. Not even for a second.
Current Excitement: Let's see. Where to start? Patriots Sprint Tri is on Sunday. The girls start school tomorrow. We go back to Disney in 29 days. Lots of exciting things in the next few weeks and if we are being honest, I just have a good feeling about the next few months.
2012 To Do List Update:
- Take 70.3 training day by day. Don't get caught up in what is coming, but rather focus on what is. Trust that it will get you where you want to be. - CHECK
- Find the strength to NOT add races to your schedule during 70.3 training. That is your focus, don't screw with that because of FOMO (fear of missing out). - CHECK
- Cross the finish line of your first 70.3 in less than 6:57:59. - CHECK. Goal crushed. 6:39:39.
- Maintain at least one day of cycling and one day of swimming per week, post 70.3. Give J some proof that a new road bike would be a good investment. - CHECK. I'm crushing this one.
- Log 4,000 miles, swim, bike and run combined. - As of September 3, 3349.1 miles completed
- Race a 10K with a finish time much faster than your
very datedcurrent PR of 53:17.
- Set a new PR in the Half Marathon, currently 1:57:06 (or 1:56:18, if the half split from the NYC Marathon counts). - Next opportunity, October 14 - Seaside Half Marathon
- Race a Fall Sprint Triathlon. Actually train for the event, unlike in years past. - This weekend!
- Add strength training to the routine. - CHECK.
- Eat like an athlete. Be mindful of the nutritional value of your food. - I've been killing this. But, apparently my scale doesn't care.
- Consume no more than 18 desserts from either Shyndigz or Two Sweet Cupcakes (approximately 1 dessert/3 weeks) - As of September 3, 15 desserts consumed. I need to just face the facts with this one.
- Cut out snacking on the girl's leftovers. Just because they don't eat it, doesn't mean you have to. - CHECK
- Only say yes to the projects you REALLY want to work on. - CHECK
- Throw away the credit cards. Stop repeating history. - CHECK
- Ignore your impulses. Take time to process the true value of the things you are filling your space/life with. - CHECK
- Declutter and Organize using this calendar. - CHECK
- Continue to balance family life, training and now, work. - CHECK
- Prioritize and be a good example for the people in your life. - CHECK
- Help and support J and the kids in reaching their goals. We are a team and that must always be the primary focus of our lives. - CHECK
Loved reading this Tonia. Such a goal driven person! And we go to Disney(land) again in November..so excited. We will surprise them with it when we get to the airport. Eat like an athlete...I need to remember this. I have a good feeling about the next couple of months too...a good feeling to have.
Nice training this month!
We have very similar wrist wear! I currently have the same RoadID (but pink), a yellow LiveStrong, an Endorphin Warrior bracelet (mine says "courage"), and a little friendship bracelet thingy...
I have an Endorphin Warrior bracelet too, mine says Unbreakable
What a great summer wrap up post - sounds like such a successful couple of months! And I'm heading now to look at some of those bracelets...(have road id already, but love the other!)
Goodluck this weekend!
Good luck in your tri! Looks like Seaside is a great course to attempt a PR on.
You are so good at recapping! Only thing that threw me off was your fav song. I thought you were more of a "get naked and wear your cowboy hat" kind of girl. Hope you kill your sprint!
Love the persevere bracelet! Also, after you read Hunger Games, you should read the Divergent trilogy. I liked it better!
Post a Comment