Monday, September 23, 2013

not the best mommy song ...

Last night, Dilly got in trouble for teasing, and subsequently, assaulting her oldest sister. As punishment, I sent her to bed early. Not by an hour or even half. By a mere 15 minutes. Barely any time at all.

However, she didn't see it that way.

For every second of those 15 minutes, she screamed. And cried. And pleaded. To no avail, mind you.

When the clock hit 6:30 and I went upstairs to tell her sisters that it was bedtime, Dilly was still flailing on her bedroom floor. Without looking at her, I told her to go to the bathroom and then get in bed. Through her tears, she muttered something about life being unfair.

A few minutes later, I noticed that she was still in the bathroom. When I got closer, Dilly was talking to herself. Hearing what she was saying to her reflection, I called J over. Within moments, we (well at least, I) were crying from laughter. Dilly's monologue, which had taken a singing tone, was going on something like this.

This is so unfair.
My mommy is not the best mommy,
'Cause she didn't let me snuggle with my Daddy-Do.
She is not the best mommy today.

It went on after that, much to the same note. Basically, I am horrible. She did nothing wrong. And I will be forever blamed.

If it wasn't so freaking cute, I might have been hurt. But, don't worry, I got my revenge. I was kneeling at the door when she finally opened it. The look on her face said that she knew I had heard every last word out of her mouth. It was awesome. Even if it wasn't my finest parenting moment ...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay. That is awesome. I love catching the girls in those moments and being like, "What'd you say??"

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

That would have been a perfect tune to catch on video. I'm thinking graduation day video/picture montage! Haha.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love those moments!

Anonymous said...

lol Cute.