Saturday, November 1, 2008

this bag is too heavy ...




So, yesterday was Halloween. And I should have taken the easy route and posted some super cute pictures of the girls in their costumes and been done with it. But then the mommy guilt set in and I realized that one day when the girls are grown and they ask about the Halloweens of their childhood at least I would have this post to look back on. So, this is our Halloween recap.

Halloween, much like every holiday in our house, was not a one day event. Dizzle and Doodle wore their costumes for three consecutive days and need to be bribed to get out of them. Add that to the incessant asking of, "Can we go trick-or-treating yet?" and I was pretty much done with Halloween on Wednesday.
But alas, we made it through and the girls had a blast. We started of our morning at gymnastics, where they both preferred to run around a hot gym in costumes that covered every inch of skin rather than their bathing suit like leotards. The result: two extremely sweaty and dehydrated children.
So, it was off to lunch. Pizza. Yum. And then home for naps and four hours of asking if we could leave for C's house yet. This is when the earplugs came in handy. At 4:45, we finally left to trick-or-treat. After dinner with some Stroller Strides friends, our gang of 20 plus people took over the streets of Cedar Lea. Dizzle ran around like crazy, always asking, "Where's the next house?" and Doodle was constantly reaching into the candy bowls and saying, "More?" as she exited with a handful of chocolate. After an hour and a half of walking and Dizzle stating that, "This bag is too heavy," we took it as a sign to leave.
Once we made it home, the girls surrendered their candy and headed to bed. Then J and I waited for our onslaught of candy-hungry children. But it never came. At all. Not a single person. So now we have all of the candy we bought and all of the stuff the girls brought home. FANTASTIC ...
I'm pretty sure that whole "gain one pound per week of your pregnancy" thing is out the window ...
*****************************************
Just a side note: J and I woke up this morning to run a 5K. I, of course, pushed the stroller and finished in 29:35. Basically, I'm psyched. It was hilly and I didn't walk, even with 100 plus pounds fighting me with every step. J crossed the finish line in 30:45. He wanted to break 30 minutes, so he was a little disappointed, but really, I think he was just mad that I beat him. Maybe next time ...

No comments: