Thursday, February 5, 2009

easy peasy ...

I have been asked several times this week, "How's life with three?" And every time I respond, "Easy peasy." And although it might seem that I am being facetious, I'm really not. Life with three (thus far) has been surprisingly easy. Aside from needing to allot extra time to get out of the house (and the obvious sleep deprivation), things have remained pretty much the same around here. Maybe it's the tight ship I run, maybe I am just a kick ass parent or maybe I just have really easy going children. Any which way, I'm not complaining.

And speaking of those easy going children, Dizzle and Doodle are a big part as to why things are going so well around here. To them, Dilly is the best thing since sliced bread. They are head over heals in love with their little sister. They always want to be a part of what Dilly is doing (which makes for some pretty uncomfortable nursing sessions). Oh, and the kisses. They are all about covering her in kisses. Very cute and very annoying all at the same time.

But, let's be honest here (if you don't want to slap me with all this "it's so easy talk" by now, I'm sure you will in about 30 seconds). So, back to my point. Let's be honest, I should have expected things to go this way, especially after my experience in labor and delivery. You see, despite being my longest labor, it was by far the easiest. Like crazy easy. So easy that at times I thought, "Wow! This is the most relaxing day I have had in over three years." And it really was. I basically spent the entire day pain-free (even before the epidural). Plus, I'm pretty sure I slept for seven of the eight hours I spent in that hospital bed. It was fantastic. (Go ahead, curse me out. I completely understand. I'll shut up now.)

No comments: