Lots to do. Little time. Here we go.
1. As noted yesterday, Dizzle turned five. Her party is today and this year she has requested a cupcake decorating party. Super. It's easy. It's fun. And I don't have to make a cake. Except that I did have to make six, yes that's right, six dozen cupcakes. Do you even know what that looks like? Well, now you do ...
2. Apparently, turning five has made Dizzle into an adult overnight. Yesterday, when Doodle was having one of her crying fits, I overheard Dizzle saying the following, in a very condescending tone I might add.
"Why are you crying? No one wants to hear your crying? Are you a baby? Are you hurt? Are you bleeding? No? So, why don't you stop and save us the trouble?"
Um, yeah. Pretty sure I know where she got that one from.
3. For the second week in a row, I on pace to log 40+ miles. That's more then I ever did during marathon training. And honestly, it wasn't that hard to get in. Yet a few months ago, managing 20 miles was nearly impossible. Go figure.
4. Speaking of mileage, I ended up with broken feet after both of my marathons. I thought it was because my body couldn't handle the mileage. My recent running escapades have proven that not to be true. My feet are just fine. In fact, they are better than fine. And part of that may be due to the sweet flip-flops I was sent by Orthaheel. (Please ignore the busted up runner's toes on my right foot).
These shoes are super comfy and supportive (although, I would have preferred a pink pair - but that's just my style). I have been wearing them pretty much every second I am not running. I love them and how my feet feel at the end of the day (which is NOT ACHY). Here are some of the shoe's attributes as listed on their website:
- Convenient, pain-free "natural healing" solution to many of the common aches and pains associated with poor lower limb alignment.
- Orthaheel technology is clinically proven to reduce excess pronation, a contributing factor to "flat feet."
- Podiatrist-designed, biomechanical Tri-planar Motion Control footbed with a deep heel cup helps stabilize, support and realign the feet back to their natural position.
- Lightweight, flexible medium-density EVA midsole absorbs shock, reducing stress on feet, ankles and knees.
If you are interested in learning more, you can check out the Orthaheel website HERE.
5. This is the LAST reminder about my Rock Your Socks Half Marathon and 10k. So, if you "registered" remember to run your race anytime between now and Sunday. When you are done, email me your race time, pictures and a link to your recap at email@example.com. Be sure to get me your info before Monday, May 24 at 5 p.m. EST to be included in the official race results and prize drawings. If you have any questions, email me! Good luck!
I love the cupcake decorating idea! So cute! And the fun colors look so yummy...you guys will have fun!
Good luck with the party, a little secret I first saw the Nathan speed 2 on your pictures and it looked so cool, I decided to try it, glad I did, cause I love it.
A cupcake party sounds like so much fun!! Have a great weekend :)
Happy Birthday Dizzle...love the colored cupcakes :) Have fun!
Flip flops that are GOOD for your feet? Sign me up!
Have fun with the cupcake party!
yet again you beat me to it! I was gunna do a random 5 things friday =)
Love the colored cupcakes! I am going to have to check out orthoheels, I saw them on another blog too - I am always the last to know!
I want a cupcake!!!
My mom tells this story every year on my birthday that when I turned 5 I thought I would wake up and feel different. But I didn't and it upset me. I guess I convinced myself for over a month 5 was the be all end all of everything - I get what Dizzle is saying :)
Enjoy your weekend and good job on the mileage!!!
Love the cupcake idea. And I LOVE cupcakes.
Congrats on the 40+ miles!
I'll have to check out those flip-flops. I stopped wearing Old Navy type flat, cheap flip-flops because I could tell they were making my feet unhappy. I found some Reef flip-flops that I like, but these sound even better!
i'll have to check out those flip flops! have a great party! Cracked up over her comment to the little one!! :)
nice job w/the cupcakes. i'm impressed.
and might have to check out those orthoheels. i'm a new member of the heel injury club, and I'm trying to figure out good shoes for plantar fasciitis (sp). thx.
have a great party!
Oh, I want some cupcakes. I ran my 10K this morning!
so love dizzles comment! that a girl!
that is a great big pile o'cupcakes! It will be fun decorating them will be a blast, unlike clean.
Nice flip flops. My feet may not see those this year. I take 'toenails are for sissys' to a whole new level this year!
I can't wait to send you my pictures! They are creative!
the cupcakes are making my hungry!!
I always love a colored cupcake even at 3? ;) I always feel the NEED to color my cupcakes when I make them. why grow up?!
Yummy cupcakes! Oh how I want to run in your virtual race but I think I need to take it easy this weekend :(
Have a blast at the party! Such a cute idea!
I love the cupcake idea!
Man she sounds cheeky and just like my oldest. He is always spouting off the same things I say.
Great mileage. Whats your secret?
I think it is awesome that your mileage is so high! I think the most I ever ran in a week was 30 and that seemed like a lot to me ;)
LMAO at Dizzle.
Check my blog. It's just for you.
I may be a DNS with this achilles, so let's hope maybe I just change my registration to a 10K, instead of completely dropping out!
your kids crack me up lol!
thoe cupcakes look yummy!
Love the cupcake idea! The funniest thing my older son said to my youngest who was throwing a fit about his cereal was, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" Ha ha...I tried so hard not to bust up laughing!
Six dozen cupcakes!
My youngest often repeats many of the things I say too. This week, he doesn't like my attitude. hmmm.
They look really nice. I'm a Birkenstock girl when I'm not running, but these look more elegant.
Post a Comment