Sunday, September 14, 2008

why i should never mow the lawn ...

J and I have owned our own home for about four-and-a-half years (not the same home, but we have owned nonetheless). And do you know how many times I have mowed the lawn? Four. Twice in Erie. And twice here.

And how many times will I mow it in the future? Zero. Because somehow (with my vast wealth of lawn care knowledge), I managed to kill the lawnmower. DEAD. KAPUT.

I thought I was being nice. I thought I was helping out. But no. Instead of allowing J to spend the afternoon watching the Patriots (and out of the heat, might I add), I cost us a few hundred dollars. FANTASTIC!

Let's just say I won't be offering up my green thumb any time soon.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

LOL!! I don't mow either!!! it's just much easier for my husband to do it! im an outside girl and all but honestly i havn't ever mowed b4 in my life! That's kinda sad huh.

gba_gf said...

No T- the odds are the mower was at fault. I'm SURE it wasn't you. Besides, he's probably thrilled to be getting a new lawn mower.

But, do you remember that Shel Siverstien poem about the dishes?
"If you have to dry the dishes, such an awful boring chore.
If you have to dry the dishes, and you drop one on the floor.
Maybe, you won't have to dry the dishes anymore."

Happy mowing.

Unknown said...

Hey, I give you major points for effort! Besides, killing the mower HAS to be better than deciding to trim the bushes and ending up with over 30 stitches in your fingers, right??

Let's just say I am totally cleared of ALL yard work from here on out! Well, any involving power equipment anyway. ;)